Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reported worksheets    

Reported worksheets

KimKim
Cyprus

Reported worksheets

I �m sorry to bring this subject to the board but there are things which are absolutely ridiculous!

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=10102

Last night, some members  reported worksheets saying those wss were copied from  books, etc.. without providing real, visible evidence and only �some � were deleted and others with the same accusation were not!!!

A member who commented on the threat said that moderators are going too far! and then the memeber Anna Pessoa said:

"Lucia, You should know that anyone can report wss not just moderators!

And, what do you mean by "moderators are going to far"?  If you took the time to visit the reporting page you would see the enormous number of copied, corrupted, empty or non-esl contributions. Reviewing them all is not an easy task but it is necessary - and it is performed by members who want the best for eslprintables. I hope you will join us one day!"

Of course we do understand that anyone can report a ws and that wasn �t being discussed! SO I suggest you read things properly! Besides, it �s absolutely true that there are many corrupted, empty, only cliparts or flashcards uploaded which NEED to be filtered! BUT NOT other worksheets just because a known member says .. "it is a copy from the book...:" (whatever the name is)....

The point here is that, if anyone can report... the ones who have access to the reporting contributions are MODERATORS and thus they are the ones empowered to VOTE for removal or not of wss!

I find totally unfair that, these moderators, would VOTE for removal of wss without real, visible proofs! That �s what I don �t understand! If you report something you MUST have a clear link ....something to show that supports and backs up what you are saying!! Why should we believe that because a member reports a worksheet saying she or he has the book or magazine we should believe them!??

This is totally subjective then! (depending on the member)  and if the member is fairly new, even worse, because some have formed some kind of �special � friendship and relationship so they base their desicions on what they feel towards the other member.  SOO There MUST be real evidence for reporting something as copied from a book!! Why should we believe what you or anyone who says. so...without visible proofs! That �s totally unfair. Considering, MANY members just copy texts and scan pics from books and add a few little boxes and make the ws their own creation! So there are some favourism with some members and this shouldn �t be like this! There are some people here who feel this is their territory and they can do whatever they like to other newer members, who are not part of some groups here!

6 Jul 2009      

KimKim
Cyprus

REad the link if you want to understand please! ..

6 Jul 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

As far as I remember Kimkim said that she is using a new account to avoid being recognized and to avoid revenge to her... am I right? 

6 Jul 2009     

KimKim
Cyprus

Yes you are right Julieta! Like it happened many times in the past! for showing up my face, I had some members being really horrible and reporting my wss daliy!! and I had a few removed for no reason at all! ANd I �m FED uo! this can �t be serious!
Why should we believe whoever says someone uploaded a stolen ws when there are no visible and clear links!??
It �s not fair.

(Copy paste the link)

6 Jul 2009     

KimKim
Cyprus

Please don �t pretend you don �t understand what I �m talking about! That is rude! 

6 Jul 2009     

victor
Spain

Hi,

The instructions in the moderating page are very clear:

"Please confirm these reports only if you are sure. Do not confirm a report just because other users say it is a copy"

Of course we cannot confirm a copy just because someone says it is a copy from a book, but maybe another moderator has got the same book and s/he can confirm.

It is essential to remove worksheets which are copied from books. Otherwise, this would not be a community of creative teachers. It would be a community of teachers with fast scanners (the teacher with the fastest scanner would be the one with more points).

By the way, KimKim, whoever you are, It is not allowed to create multiple accounts. You can see it in the rules in the registration page. I �ll have to remove this account.

6 Jul 2009     

KimKim
Cyprus

"Please confirm these reports only if you are sure. Do not confirm a report just because other users say it is a copy"

Sorry Victor but some moderators do not follow tis rule! they just vote fpor removal of worksheets when there is no clear link that backs up �the person who is reporting!
I totally agree that this isn �t a scanning books page! But that �s not the point I ��m trying to discuss! But seeing only some members have a voice here and others just can �t even appear on the board! then please delete both of my accounts!

6 Jul 2009     

Silvy_E
United States

6 Jul 2009     

victor
Spain

KimKim:

Maybe the main problem is people playing with moderators, reporting worksheets just for fun:
It is a copy from the book: happy feet, COME on I have them all!

Does it sound familiar to you?

Voting without a clear proof is unfair, but making a false report ON PURPOSE, just to demostrate your theories, is even worse.

6 Jul 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

When I report something scanned or rewritten from a book I give a title, a publisher, a page and I write my name (in order someone has any claims).  I know such books as "Happy House 1-2", "Happy Street 1-2", "Way Ahead 1-2", "New English Parade 1-2" , "Excellent 1-2" nearly by heart and I can �t let someone upload tasks from them as his/her own work.
On the other hand, I really do not understand those reporters who write "it �s from a book",  "it �s from a mgazine" or "it �s scanned". I think if we report sth we should be responsible for that and should give proper explanation.
Victor, today someone keeps reporting things giving ridiculous reasons, perhaps you can see who does that and may be you can suspend that reporter for sometime.Wink

Edited.  You have answered my question already. LOL

6 Jul 2009     

KimKim
Cyprus

OK!! No-one knows the book Happy feet right??  So there is no clear evidence!! So the wss of course are not removed! then why are other �s wss removed!?!?
because they are not "popular" contributors? or have 12.304847 points???

This is what is happening all the time! So by attacking me you arennot showing better!

I´m not questioning the system, but SOME unfair moderators who VOTE for removal of wss when they do not have a real proof. And or becaue they do not have a close friendship with the person having the reported ws so they trust an older member or whatever..saying "I have the book".. that´s not right! she or he could be lying!

The way Silvanija described how she supports something she reports is the idea right?.. but no-one really does so!

why is there an empty message from thsi memeber Silvya1903? probably on purpose

Oh God!

6 Jul 2009     

1    2    3    Next >