Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > homework for the summer    

homework for the summer

wende
Spain

homework for the summer

Hi everyone! I have one-to-one classes with a boy who is 16. He failed English because of the reading and writing parts and I �m helping him with that. Next week I �m going to England for three weeks and his mother wants me to give him homework with keys so she can correct his exercises. I have downloaded some awesome readings but I always correct them myself and now I need some good intermediate or upper-intermediate readings with key. which ones do you reccomend? and for the writings? THANK YOU

8 Jul 2009      

victor
Spain

Hello,

Has he got internet connection? In that case you could use the online exercises from www.englishexercises.org . Search for "readings" and you �ll get good exercises.

You can create an "online notebook" for him. It will include the exercises that you have chosen for him, and you will be able to see his answers afterwards. It is clearly explained here:

Have a nice day,

Victor

8 Jul 2009     

wende
Spain

Unfortunately, as he has failed English and two other subjects, his mother has cut off his internet connection, so he wouldn �t be able to do such exercises. I have enough points to download several printables, and I wanted to know which are the ones people reccommend.
thanks for your help, thouhg. I �m sure I will find it very useful in the future

8 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Don �t you think his mother would give him one hour a day on the internet if she knew he were doing the online exercises?

8 Jul 2009     

wende
Spain

I would if it was my son, but she wants paper sheets and I �m not the one to tell her how she should do things with her son, I �m just a girl who helps the kid.

8 Jul 2009     

Ciogga
Italy

Give him a Cambridge PET test. You can download one here:

You need to download the zip file called Pet Sample Papers (Zip 24.9 Mb) which you �ll find in the box named, �Resources Available �. If he does all the reading and writing exercises, it �ll take him about 90 minutes and there �s a full key.

There �s a listening test included too, complete with four MP3 files. Not bad for a free resource!

8 Jul 2009     

douglas
United States

Mulle�s funsheets actually make pretty good homework assignments too

8 Jul 2009     

gomer
Korea, South

Sometimes the internet cannot do what you can do!
        How about  this..choose the worksheets you want him to do during your absense,
give him a copy and one copy for you of course....choose a time you both can communicate on the internet, using skype, yahoo or any other computer cheap phone  service and complete the exercise.
        The idea around this is to find something that he is interested in......travel, culture, differences always intrigue a curious mind...forget all else! NO GRAMMAR!!!

Another idea is to prepare facts about the country(ies) you will visit and ask him to write  5..6..7.. questions that interest him. Use your own fact sheet to do this.

These are just a couple of ideas, i know you will do what �s right for your student.
                     GOOD LUCK!...and please have fun!!!!

8 Jul 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi Wende!

Check your PM

Hugs !

Stella

8 Jul 2009