Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > My printables are ALWAYS too large!     

My printables are ALWAYS too large!

Laura-Jane
Japan

My printables are ALWAYS too large!

So I keep making all these fun worksheets and keep trying to upload them and the majority are too big. I`ve posted before about making them smaller and i can manage on some, but it makes the quiality bad on others.

Why are my worksheets always too big, I use a lot of clip art, but so do other people, and I always click resize and use the smallest version of the picture so I just don`t understand!

Is the max limit small, or are my worksheets big? The one im uploading now is a can you.....? bingo  so it`s only one page long with 9 pictures!

Must dash as I have a lesson with my lovely second graders now, and I have a lovely test for them mwhahaha!

10 Jul 2009      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I resize all the cliparts before using them, with irfanview (download it, it �s easy to use) and reduce as much as I can, save them to my computer and after inserting all of them in the document, I click on one of them, go to the pictures tools (up, left) and click to compact > all the pictures in the document > screem. It always works and I �m able to insert 60, 70 cliparts in a document, or even more!

Hope you have success with this process.

Zailda Coirano

10 Jul 2009     

mimi_ngh
Mexico

Hi LAURA & ZAILDA

I downloaded irfanvew (I saw one of zaildas �s previous comments... thanks!) and It �s really easy to use... just one quick question, how do you know how much you can reduce the size of the image? is it until you get the size you want?

Thanks so much for bringing the topic back & for the help!!

Noem�

10 Jul 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

Yes, you reduce the pics until they are in the size you �re going to use in the document, no need to be bigger. If you want small pics in the documents (around 120 pixels) you �ll be able to insert up to 100 without problems.

Try it!

Zailda

10 Jul 2009     

Laura-Jane
Japan

Thanks for your help!

I will try and figure it out! Last time I tried to download infran view it was all in Japanese! So I might have to try and find a way round that first!

Maybe I will be uploading a printable soon!

10 Jul 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi laura-jane,

I assume you �re running a Japanese version of Windows?  If you would like to contact me via personal message I may be able to give you a few suggestions to run English language programs.

Cheers,
AB

10 Jul 2009