Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > overlooked worksheet - nice one :-)    

overlooked worksheet - nice one :-)

moravc
Czech Republic

overlooked worksheet - nice one :-)

9 PAGES of exercises on vocabulary and grammar for ELEMENTARY

link deleted - because of complaints

5 points only...

1 Aug 2009      

goodnesses
Algeria

Ok!

You promised to remove this post. but I think you are just gaining time.
That is really not kind at all

I am putting mine back.

-----------------------
I think, if these WS are interesting (which I don �t doubt), they will have the number of pts they deserve as any other WS without the help of anyone. Good ws don �t need to be advertised each time. Do, they?

Just a thought.

EDIT: Why have you removed the first link?
-----------------------

What you are doing is really unfair. This guy you are advertising is already a premium member.
He/she has no need to compete for points.

Advertising WS in anyway is unacceptable for everybody. What is different with these?

I think you are playing some kind of game here. This is not the first time you do it. This is not the place for playing.
So what is you point?

I am really sorry for such behaviour.

2 Aug 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

I don �t know what is happening...but people recommend others work all the time.  I recommend work from premium members too, not just people who are lacking points.  We are not all on the same time zone, some of us are tired or do not check new contributions everyday and some of us have dial-up or really poor internet connections.  There are many of us that miss wonderful worksheets and we are  thankful to those members who bring those sheets to our attention. 

Remember that after one day, some sheets can be really hard to find.  Not everyone takes the time to label or organize their sheets with terms or key words that others can easily find.  Just take a look at the Other Printables section.  It is huge.  We can �t always get to the sheets we want.

It is only advertising one �s own work that is frowned upon.

Thank you morav for your help as always.  I know that you look for works that have multiple pages and you recommend these little treasures when you find them.

For those members that wish a post would be removed...Once you respond to a post the original cannot be removed.  It can only be edited.  That is the way the forum works.  After that I think only Victor can remove the thread if it is absolutely necessary.

2 Aug 2009     

_babz
Canada

I believe posting worksheets is really TACKY....but nowhere in the rules does it say that members can �t...so let �s just relax!

2 Aug 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi everyone!

Sorry but I �m afraid that I don �t agree with you tbabz, I think that recommeding other people �s  worksheets is an act of generosity. It �s for everybody �s benefit.

2 Aug 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

I totally agree with you dear Stella and I also agree with Pinky Markus.

Thank you dear Moravc for recommending this lovely worksheet. Many times you have saved me from loosing the chance of seeing some wonderful worksheets. Sometimes,  works that are  colourful and full of pictures call our attention or are more eyecatching so we go to them and then we don �t have time to see all the others. As it´s Saturday, I´ve had more time to spend here.. so thank you for showing us this treasure! and we know that you look for long pieces of work.
I think it is very kind of you to show and recommend other people �s work! You are a wonderful person who appreciates and shows respect to people �s work. And we know you!
I hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Love,
Judith

2 Aug 2009     

tricia973
Uruguay

mmm ... I don �t think quantity equals quality... and moravc only recommends worksheets which have many, many pages but just a few points... It sounds strange to me...

Wouldn �t it be better to send a pm to that person and tell him/her to write the number of pages as you (moravc) did with one of my worksheets?

I don �t like when people have arguments... so please, don �t make a fuss of my words... I �m just expressing my thoughts... I �m not sure wether it �s fair to advertise worksheets here in the forum even when they are not from the person who recommends it...

Have a nice weekend you all!

Tricia

2 Aug 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

how un-generous and quarrelsome are we becoming???

What �s wrong with pointing out interesting ws that go unnoticed
(exept one �s own of couse?)

Is this a race for points, a knock-out in competition or a site for mutual help???

2 Aug 2009     

Isabelucha
Portugal

Tbabz, Stellam , Judith, Pinky Makus and Edlerverein I completely agree with most of your words.
There �s nothing wrong in advertising a Ws if we REALLY liked it and maybe call other people �s attention to it. Many people may have missed that little/important treasure.
It �s just as if I recommended someone else a good store to find good products.
And BTW, if Moravc is wrong in doing this, so it is also wrong to ask for help in finding a specific Ws about specific subjects... When someone does that here in the forum, I always recommend Ws made by ESL members.
Anyway, hugs from sunny Portugal,
Enjoy your weekend. Don �t argue, please. Let �s try to be polite and keep respect on a high level.

2 Aug 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I haven �t promised to delete my post. I just suggested if my post is a harmful one - against the rules, I CAN delete it, but there must be no reply under my first post. Only a single post can be deleted...
This is what I said: "IF you find my Forum topic against the rules, I can delete it. "
I didn �t receive any PM answer from you, so I went to bed. It was 1,00 am here, so I really needed some sleep. I wasn �t gaining any time and it wasn �t rude or anything else. I just went to bed because I didn �t get any answer from you.
I went for a trip at weekend, I had fun and when I returned I found some PMs informing me about this thread. I had forgotten it... But... if there are still some people who find it an important issue, I have to answer...

You promised to remove this post. but I think you are just gaining time.
That is really not kind at all.
-
sorry, I waited for several minutes for an answer PM from you and then I went to bed at about 1,30... I wasn�t trying to gain any time... You may contact Victor and he confirms I am telling truth!
... and I said I CAN (=might) delete it. I didn�t say I WILL delete it for sure.

What you are doing is really unfair. This guy you are advertising is already a premium member. He/she has no need to compete for points.
- I didn �t check if the guy is premium or not, I just found a great "manypaged" ws with 5 points and I found it interesting for people who need A LOT OF exercises FOR ONE POINT only. I "advertised" it very late -- 10 minutes before the "free deadline"... I still think this ws is a good TIMESAVER.

Advertising WS in anyway is unacceptable for everybody. What is different with these?
Unacceptable? Who says that? I have seen about 30 recommendations and they always had POSITIVE answers - members thanked for the recommendations...

I think you are playing some kind of game here. This is not the first time you do it. This is not the place for playing. So what is you point? I am really sorry for such behaviour.

You are trying to convince the members here I am a sly person. I don �t think so. Neither do my friends, colleagues and family. Can you give some proofs? Why do you think so? Why do you put these VERYYY UNFRIENDLY WORDS in public? Why don �t try to solve any problems PRIVATELY via PM?
and WHY didn�t you tell your opinion BEFORE? THERE ARE MANY MORE RECOMMENDATIONS, WHY DIDN�T YOU REACT SO STRICT TO THE OTHER "adverts"? I might have accused you of bad intentions (prejudice...) , but I won�t, because I think about all people nicely, until they disappoint me and prove I am wrong...

I see this situation "a storm in a teacup".
The ws got just a few additional points, goodnesses thinks I am a bad person playing games, I did what others do regularly (point to somebody else �s wss) and I didn �t find my actions harmful at all and went to bed , had sweet dreams and the following day I had a wonderful trip...
� won �t let my sweet memories from the trip got spoilt.

If anyone wants to insult me, please do it via PM in the future. Thank you. :-)

Please, people, can we be FRIENDLY ?
Can we suggest how to solve problems rather that argue?
The solution WAS found: if we want to advertise, we can at the Caf� or PM privately our friends...

Can we use MILD EXPRESSIONS ?  
Can we avoid accusing others ?
I think WE CAN!

I am looking forward to meet nice helpful people at eslprintables.

3 Aug 2009