Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > NEW FONTS    

NEW FONTS

rose95
Turkey

NEW FONTS

Why can �t I use new fonts on my worksheets? When I upload them they look entirely different. Please let me know if you have got a clue? And can �t we do anything about it?

3 Aug 2009      

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi,
Different fonts can only been seen if the user has the same font installed on his/ her computer. The best thing to do is to use a very common font. For the title you can use different fonts if you write them in WordArt because it cecomes a picture and can be viewed.

3 Aug 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

This issue has been discussed before, so I just copy paste the suggestions of Marcia:

You have to embed fonts. This is how you embed truetype fonts in a word document:  
  1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
  2. Click the Save tab.
  3. Select the Embed TrueType fonts check box.
Note:Not all fonts are licensed so that they can be embedded.
If a font is embedded, it will increase the file size of your document.

3 Aug 2009     

Fabiola Salinas
Argentina

I have once requested the same kind of help. It �s sometimes disappointing to see how your docum. changes... So... Thanks for the pieces of advice as well!!!
Just a comment, using any font doesn �t work with WordArt either, a least with my ws! I �ve just done what Morvac suggested. Hope it works! Thanks Rose for your issue... Regards, Fabiola.

3 Aug 2009     

rose95
Turkey

I did what Moravc suggested but unfortunately it doesn �t work. I guess it �s a problem that should be solved by Victor. New fonts that we can should be added to the site.

3 Aug 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

If you give us more details, we �ll try to help you, for sure... The "trick" I suggested works, believe me...  Waiting for your reply... :-) Don �t give up, we will fix it :-D

3 Aug 2009     

victor
Spain

I could add new fonts to the web server, but they should be in all the users � computers too.
For that reason, only the common windows fonts are installed in the web server. We want the worksheets to be fully compatible for everybody.
The best options are:
- Embed the fonts, as Moravc said (it doesn �t work for all fonts)
- Write the text in an images editor, like Paint or Photoshop, and then insert it in the word document as an image. (The problem of this option is that the text cannot be edited by other teachers)

3 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, rose

Yesterady I gave a part of the answer. See here: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=10790

3 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Regarding fonts - Remember that the most important people to read your fonts are your students.  If you have young students, funny and strange fonts will make reading difficult.
Always have the students in mind when you choose fonts.
That �s just my opinion.
L

3 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

I do agree with LibertBelle.
The most beautiful is not obligatory the most efficient.

regards!

3 Aug 2009