Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > ESL Teachers Private Chat!    

ESL Teachers Private Chat!

monicap_87
El Salvador

ESL Teachers Private Chat!

Smile Hi teachers! I was thinking..... wouldn �t it be cool if we had a chat room in the website? Not only would it give us faster responses but also it could work as a nice stressbuster. This is a website I use with my students, in less than 2 minutes you can create your own private chatroom. Students, especially teens, love it. They love the feeling of �chatting at school! �. I give them topics for discussion, topics that encourage the use of the grammar point being studied. If the group is large, I create several chatrooms, I divide the class into different groups. You can monitor different chatrooms at the same time. I also take notesof students mistakes, so we discuss them in the class -Students get to make up nicknames, I usually ask them not to reveal their identities, it makes it more interesting, and when correcting mistakes no one feels alluded. In order to create a chat room, you need to go to: Here

Fill in the information. Only the people who know the password might be able to enter to the chat room. When done, and if done correctly, it will ask you to type in your nickname and the password of the room.

Copy the part I have circled and pointed at -address?. This will be the one you will give your students for them to access to the chatroom.

NOW, hehe I have created a sample chat room for us! The adress that you see in the image is the one you will use to access. Click here: http://www.chatzy.com/340010445133 the password is: esl1609

I think we can have a great time, you know, chatting with other teachers around the world -ESL printables teachers!

8 Aug 2009      

Greek Professor
Greece

I think it �s a great idea....Count me in...already signed in...

Thanks...

8 Aug 2009     

tricia973
Uruguay

Hi monicap_87 and ladybird!!

I �ve just came home from a test I had this morning and guess what?! My first thing here is browsing the site for news... and this one of monica I found especially interesting!! I mean a site which gives you the posibility to create chat rooms for students is a great idea which I hardly can t wait to put into practice!

(I also wonder why nobody answered to this post before.. but I guess it �s late at night in maaany places!! lol)

Well, about a chat room for us teachers... I think it �s a great idea too! but I �m not much into it... I prefer the forum exchange... I know there are tons of teachers who would like to share �in real � time though!! So, I hope a lot of people here uses this option monica gives us!!

A big hug from Uruguay!!

Tricia

8 Aug 2009     

Isabelucha
Portugal

NO WAY!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!! Thank you sooo much dear Monica!!!!!Hug

8 Aug 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Thanks so much Monica!!
Have been working a lot lately and only saw this now!!Hug

8 Aug 2009     

Denisa
Romania

Awesome idea!!
 I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU,  THOSE WHO ARE SO GREAT IN COMPUTERS! I AM SO .............UNSKILLED!!! THAT �S WHY  .....THANK YOU SO MUCH, DEAR MONICA!

8 Aug 2009     

Denisa
Romania

I HAVE JUST SIGNED UP AND I ALREADY HAVE A PROBLEM(I TOLD YOU I AM UNSKILLED::!):I RECEIVED MY PASSWORD BUT AFTER I USE IT I CANNOT ENTER THE CHATROOM. DO YOU KNOW WHY?(AND PLEASE DO NOT LAUGH ..!) 

8 Aug 2009     

Denisa
Romania

ok, i finally managed to do it! Thumbs Up

8 Aug 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

How brilliant and thoughtful you are, dear Monica!!! Thanks a lot!!
Sorry for not replying earlier. The Chat room is such a wonderful idea. I �m sure many will welcome it here.

I �ll try to sign up later coz I �m off now.

Have a great weekend,
Nebal

8 Aug 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

What a great idea!!! Thanks Monica!!!! you �re a genius!!!

9 Aug 2009     

silpont
Argentina

Hi nice people!!!! I think it is a greta idea I ve already signed in, but.. I cant see anybody in the chat room. How is this chat working?. Im not very good at computers jajaja. Smile Can anybody help me please?. I �d really like to have a chat with you. Many thanks.
Hugs from Argentina.
Silvi.

9 Aug 2009     

1    2    Next >