Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Hi Teachers!!!!    

Hi Teachers!!!!

Eduardoes
Ecuador

Hi Teachers!!!!

When I download any worksheets in some cases  they have   keys  (answers )  about exercises I think that this page is for professionals in education  ,  educators with experience or People that study the language to teach . When we know what  We are teaching to our students, it is not necessary the keys.

I don�t want to cause discomfort  . I only want to  know what do you think about the keys in the worksheet.

Yours ,.

Smile

10 Aug 2009      

antoarg
Argentina

Yes, you �re right, but the keys make your work a bit easier . It �s just a little help for you.Star

10 Aug 2009     

tarokawa2000
Japan

Anwer keys are sometimes very useful when I use some worksheets with puzzles.  It saves my time to prepare the lesson.  You can just hand out worksheets to your students and if necessary, you can check answers with students in a very short period of time.

Added to this, since Engilsh is not a second language in my country, which is just a foreign language,  sometimes answer keys are musts for myself.

10 Aug 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I prefer to have keys. It makes my life easier because I always do the exercise before handing it in to my students. When I have the key, I can do it faster or just read the activity instead of doing it.  I teach 6 levels of ESL and when I can save time, I sure jump on the occasion. 

10 Aug 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi

Answer keys make our work much easier and they are also useful for students � self-correction.
I really appreciate it a lot when a worksheet comes with its key, that �s why I try to include the answers when I upload my own worksheets.

Stella

10 Aug 2009     

ranclaude
Australia

Hi eduardoes72,
There is no doubt us teachers know what we are teaching but the inclusion of answer keys just make life a touch easier!
Cheers,
ranclaude

10 Aug 2009     

ants
Switzerland

I personally like to have the answer key when I check certain worksheets with my students...it makes it easier than doing it myself before or with them!! As the others have mentioned, it just makes life easier!!Hug

10 Aug 2009     

baiba
Latvia

I was just wondering if you ever use the Teacher �s book that comes with every textbook. Teacher �s books are written to help the teachers save time. And they all give keys to the exercises - again, to save precious teacher �s time. I think that is the main reason why I love keys.

10 Aug 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

YES... WE ARE PROFESSIONALS...BUT KEYS MAKE OUR WORK EASIER AND FASTER...I THINK THAT WE HAVE ALOT OF WORK ON OUR HANDS...AND LITTLE TIME.. TO LOOK FOR ANSWERS...

SO IN MY OPINION THE KEY IS IMPORTANT...

10 Aug 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

I am a native speaker but I prefer answer keys. I also usually put one with my worksheets Yes we are professionals but we are human...we do make mistakes.
Sometimes the answer keys help us to understand what the writer of the worksheet is trying to say.

I would almost suggest that all worksheets should include answer sheets!!!!

Life as a teacher is challenging enough....let �s have all the help we can.

Cheers Joy

10 Aug 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

I agree with people who have written here. I hadn �t thought of the fact that keys make life easier, as many have mentioned and you are right, it saves us time!

Since I became a member of the site I noticed that many teachers appreciated answer keys in worksheets and whenever I donwloaded a worksheet from someone I loved seeing it came with a key as it makes it more complete. But also, because sometimes there are more than one answer to some vocabulary or grammar exercises and I �ve found myself wondering, with some worksheets, what was the author �s aim or purpose with some activities.

I �m not too sure what you meant with this:

"I think that this page is for professionals in education  ,  educators with experience or People that study the language to teach ."

But we certainly know or should know what we are teaching of course.

Have a good day!

10 Aug 2009     

1    2    Next >