Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > Error on Online group    

Error on Online group

Anna P
Brazil

Error on Online group

Microsoft VBScript runtime error �800a0009 �

Subscript out of range: �[number: 2] �

/assessment/student.asp, line 121

This note appeared, for the second time, in one of my online groups. When it happens, I cannot include any new exercise.  Last time, what I did was to remove the group, make a new one with the same names and add all the exercises again. It is very time consuming and the work might be useless if this error happens again.  Does anyone know what is this?  What can be done to prevent it?

Another weird thing is that I have never chosen an OE called "At what time do you..." but it keeps showing up in my groups.  I found out that when I choose another OE, I get the note "Do you want to include "At what time do....", instead of the OE I �m choosing. All I need to do is pay attentiom - but why does it happen?

I hope someone can help me solve this problem (the first one!).  The online exercises are great and my students are really enjoying working with them - not to mention that I am having a great time making new OE!
Heart Thanks!

13 Aug 2009      

natabut
Ukraine

BTW, I had the same problem with the same exercise several days ago. I didn �t choose it, but it turned out to be added 6 or 7 times in one group instead of those I wanted... May be, that �s a magical exercise? ,))

13 Aug 2009     

serene
Greece

The same thing happened to me yesterday!

13 Aug 2009     

victor
Spain

Hello,

Anna, I �ve just removed that error from your students group. But I don �t know why it happened. I �ll have to investigate...
And that exercise that keeps showing up... it is mine!Wacko I don �t understand, but I promise that it is not on purposeLOL.

If there are more errors, don �t remove the groups and make new ones. I have daily backups and I can restore your groups, students and exercises to their previous state (only 24 hours back)

Natabut and Serene, if you want I can restore your groups too.

Sorry for all this trouble.

Victor

13 Aug 2009     

victor
Spain

Oooops!

I �ve just found the cause of the error (the exercise that keeps showing up)
It was an error that I made when I introduced the last changes in englishexercises.org
I �m afraid that everybody that tried to add an exercise was actually adding THAT exercise.

I �m very sorry. Now, it is OK. I hope you can remove those unexpected exercises from your groups. Otherwise, please contact me.

13 Aug 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

This site isn �t fantastic for nothing! Our webmaster is always attentive and supportive.
Thanks so much, Victor, for your prompt reply. 
Anna

13 Aug 2009     

Magdalena Ganowska-Sztuba
Poland

Hi everyone. I �m here with you all not for long but I really love it the site and the people. I want to share my materials and experiences. But I have a problem. I �ve been trying up those online exercises. And some of my students instead of the exercises have a notion like that:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error �800a0009 �

Subscript out of range: �[number: 2] �

/studentlogin.asp, line 171

Can I ask for help. 

And thanks a lot everyone. You are great. And thanks the founder.

8 Oct 2009