Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > international names    

international names

rose95
Turkey

international names

Today I used some of your age wss. I usually check them before printing but this time I was in a hurry. As my students were answering the questions to "How old is Flavia?" they couldn �t decide if they were supposed to use "he" or "she". So if it is possible can we use international names(mainly English ones) on our worksheets.
   Thanks for considering.

17 Aug 2009      

mariannina
Italy

Well, it �s a good idea but it �s not often so easy, because our worksheets are designed for our own classes and then for ESLprintables. I �ll try to keep your idea in mind. Here is a little help if you download Italian worksheets: all the names ending by "a" are girls � names, except for Andrea that is a boy �s name! Funny isn �t it? I know that in England that is a girl �s name! Bye.

17 Aug 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

I try to use international names or English names so that my Ss know about them and know how to spell them and pronounce them, for example,  let �s take name Heather. Quite popular name in the US. Most of my Ss had no idea how to pronounce it, but now they know and who knows , maybe one day they will have to address someone with this name. At least now I hope there will be no embarrassment. But it �s just an example. 

17 Aug 2009     

patty39
Brazil

I agree with Ladybird, although I always use English names in my ws.

Hugs!

17 Aug 2009     

JudyHalevi
Israel

In my worksheets, I use Hebrew names for my students and before I upload to here, I change the names to English names. 
Hugfrom Israel

Judy

17 Aug 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

As a general rule, most names ending in "a � are girls � names. I don �t know of any English names for boys that end in a.  In fact, we tell the difference from boys and girls by the final "a" :Sean-Seana, Paul-Paula etc.

17 Aug 2009     

Sara Almeida
Portugal

what BTM means?
thank u

17 Aug 2009     

g�lg�n
Turkey

Hi Sara,

It is BTW not BTM. BTW stands for �by the way �

17 Aug 2009     

Sara Almeida