Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > HOW AI CAN TEACH PAST SIMPLE VERBS TO MY STUDENTS????    

HOW AI CAN TEACH PAST SIMPLE VERBS TO MY STUDENTS????

maggiejeria
Chile

HOW AI CAN TEACH PAST SIMPLE VERBS TO MY STUDENTS????

Please help to how I can teach regular and irregular verbs to my students.??????
Students are 13, 14, and 15 years old.
Thank in advance
Maggie

19 Aug 2009      

eng789
Israel

I also teach Junior high/ middle school and I have found that the only way I can get my pupils to learn the Irregular verb list is by dictations - 20 words each week - 10 words each row so there won �t be any copying.
Then I give them some practice sentences where the have to change the V1/ base form verb ( in brackets)  to Past Simple.

Hope this helps.

19 Aug 2009     

JudyHalevi
Israel

I find cloze to be a wonderful way to teach verb forms.  The same cloze can be used for various tenses, (with minor changes: eg:  yesterday/now.)  Practice, Practice, Practice, until it just becomes natural.

Hugfrom Israel.

Judy

19 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hiya, i wrote sth about the past simple here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=9179&page=2
of course, that is only the initial presentation of it ... then, what follows is speaking, speaking, speaking, using the past simple in their own sentences. That is the best way for them to learn it, not by doing exercises, because it is closest to how we learn the mother tongue.

Also, you can take a look at a vid where i was teaching past simple using power point:
negatives 5 1
True False - past simple

19 Aug 2009     

Portugal

For our ss (latin origin mother language) much practice both oral and written, obviously. There is good interactive material online.Surf the net. There �s somth going on at my schools � server, can �t get to moodle to provide my links, and I �ll be offline for a few days, too.PM me after the 28th, I �ll send you my links .

19 Aug 2009