Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > I am sorry but the accumulation is a little too much for me…    

I am sorry but the accumulation is a little too much for me…

frenchfrog
France

I am sorry but the accumulation is a little too much for me…

Right now, I am trying to adjust to what I am being asked to do in my new school. So you will easily understand that I am a little stressed out. One of the consequences of all this is that I left some mistakes in my worksheets. I guess I just don�t SEE them (I am preoccupied with so many things at the same time).

I have submitted several worksheets over the last weeks and some members seem to point out only the mistakes in them. My lessons usually contain 8 pages. It is really hard not to make any mistakes!!!! When these mistakes can be easily removed, can�t we just write things like:

-          I think you mixed up �advice� and �advise� at one point, BUT WE CAN EASILY CHANGE THAT. (with a special thought to Daniela).

-          I think you forgot to remove some parts of your Crash Course on BE in your Crash Course on HAVE, BUT WE CAN EASILY CHANGE THAT.

-          I think you meant �employee� and not �customer� at one point in your worksheet (see Lesson � Order a pizza), BUT WE CAN EASILY CHANGE THAT.

It takes me a few HOURS to make these lessons. It takes you a few SECONDS to delete / remove the mistakes. By the way, I think that most of our worksheets are not to be used directly as they are. I am sure many of you adapt them according to your students� needs. I am sure many of you change a few things before submitting the worksheet to your students.

One last thing: in one of today�s worksheets we can read �My nameS is ��. It is surely a typing mistake that can be easily removed by all of us. Funny how nobody left a comment�

OK, now a big laugh to exorcize the demon in me: AH! AH! AH!

Frenchfrog

18 Sep 2008      

renca
Czech Republic

Hi french frog,

just take it easy, maybe it is one of your bad hair days, relax and things will look up. It is for sure that some members write comments too hastily and don�t think of the affects, but probably they are as tired as you.

Keep up your good work!

Cheers from Renata

18 Sep 2008     

Olinda
Portugal

I know how you feel! There�s not enough time to do everything just the way we want it!
Try to relax a bit! Just think that you�re not alone!

18 Sep 2008     

maggy69
Portugal

Hi French frog!

Just to thank you for your nice contributions � wonderful works!

And to say that even the GODS can make mistakes so we mortals �..

Relax and forget it�

A big Portuguese Kiss!

Maggy

18 Sep 2008     

Marshmallow (F)
France

Hi Frenchfrog!

I don�t think members who leave comments about the mistakes mean harm to you- actually I feel concerned about it as I left this kind of comment once- they just want to help...well that�s what I meant to do when I told you about a typing mistake. You receive tons of congratulations for your wonderful work(Clap which you so completely deserve), and I don�t think anybody challenges your teaching and grammar abilities!! You�re right though, we can easily leave the type of message you�ve suggested!But please don�t be upset about these messages, chill out and be sure most of those who leave those messages really admire your work!
Caroline

18 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear colleagues first I want to attract your attention to a little technical problem. I noticed that when some of you realize they made a mistake (mistake again) or missed something in their post they correct it using a new reply. So, why don�t they use the "EDIT THIS POST" option at the bottom of the reply/post. I think it is more practical particularly to save space on the server. However, you can re-edit only your own post that�s obvious.

Frenchfrog, I am one of your fans. I like your work very much not only because it is well done in the form but also and more importantly because it is one of the most professional on this site. Yes, I think that professional work is "quite" rare on this site these days.
However, it seems to me you are giving too much importance to an issue that is not worth. Just keep on sharing (helping with) your great lessons. Try to take it easy and stop worrying too much about how comments should or should not be. You are convinced that you are doing a good work so if someone leaves a comment pointing your errors in a nice way that�s wonderful and it is very kind of him/her. But when someone leaves a comment that seems to you somehow too direct or rude so just say to yourself it does not matter maybe this is because he/she does master the language "quite" enough to use subtle words/expressions to point out that error or mistake. You said it yourself, we aren�t native speakers and often we misuse some words or expressions.
Just to remind you. One day you promised not to get into polemics around this kind of issues. Let�s focus if you please on topics that maybe much "more" useful and helpful for colleagues who really need help and advice (that is all of us)

Hope I am no exasperating the polemic.

Respects to You Frenchfrog and all the other members

Especially to the newly arrived , my teacher and my friend Ayzman2

18 Sep 2008     

Zora
Canada

I can�t see why you should let a few comments like that bring you down. We are human and we do make mistakes and most of us know that. We also know that we are open to recieve critisism (sp.. and too lazy to get a dictionary) on our worksheets by making them public.

If you have received 300 good comment - 3 bad ones that should not mean that it�s the end of the world, just the contrary. Laugh it off, then check your sheet for errors and if you are not happy with it, you can always change it and have done with it... Also, I don�t think people go out of their way to intentionally nitpick, they are only trying to help AND as you yourself, and a few others like goodnesses, pointed out - most here aren�t native speakers... so never take a comment literally, it may not have been written with the intention of "hurting" or "critisizing" you...

Cheers,

Also I think we should have enough confidence in ourselves and our ability not to let these things bother us to the point that we need to point this out to everyone and make others here feel bad for ever having pointed something out.

That said, you have very nice and extremely useful worksheets Frog and I honestly wish that you�d not get upset over these little things. It is not worth it.

18 Sep 2008     

miriammh
Spain

You are right, Frenchfrog,

most of the times there is always a better way to express ourselves.

Just get the possitive part in all these, all the people like your worksheets as much as they tell you what to change to make it perfect.

Don�t give up! Cheer up!
:-)

18 Sep 2008     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello, dear Frog
You know, here in Portugal we have a very special proverb for these kind of people. We usually say " Vozes de burro n�o chegam ao c�u " -
TRANSLATION  -
A donkey�s speech, doesn�t rise up to God�s ears.
Tongue

Now, you can laugh, relax, and please, don�t stop your work.
Hug

18 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Olinda.
Don�t you think you�re going a little far.
Sorry but I don�t like the proverb you use.
We have exactly the same one here in Algeria. Remember we�ve some common history (Spain, Portugal).
We just use another animal instead of "donkey".
The meaning is exactly the same.
However, it is a saying we use only in extreme situations with people whom everybody agree they are really rude, harassing, impolite.
It is a proverb we don�t use with pleasure because we know it is very rude.

Please, we are trying our best to save Frenchfrog�s time and ours so that we can use it more efficiently.

NB: You were and you�ll still be in my most preferred members list.

Regards.

18 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear colleagues...
Is it possible to attract your attention to one of these topics:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=69&page=1

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=100

By the way Frenchfrog, how do you manage to change the fonts size in your posts?

18 Sep 2008     

1    2    3    Next >