Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > New Video: Teaching Phonetics    

New Video: Teaching Phonetics

Lana.
Ireland

New Video: Teaching Phonetics

New video from me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXYMTvi73u4&feature=channel

This may not seem as exciting and fun as the other ones, but it made understanding transcriptions of the phonemes a bit more engaging.

On the pink post-its I have the sounds such as [ai], [ie], [a:] etc.

On the yellow post-its I have words: car, shell, singing... All sorts of them, they had to first of all find all the post-its from around the classroom (gets them up and running), group them (team work and co-operation) and place appropriate exmples to each sound.

Let me know what you think! Smile

26 Aug 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

"This may not seem as exciting and fun as the other ones..."

When was phonetics fun?? But you livened it up a bit by going Gallery Walking, i.e. making your students break away from the confining desks and do a little bit of moving around, strolling about the classroom, bumping into each other (veeeery gently) and performing an otherwise dull and boring task. Well done! Thumbs Up

26 Aug 2009     

serene
Greece

Well done Lana!
I wish I had such small groups so I could do the same!

26 Aug 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Thank you girls for your encouragement!  Hug

26 Aug 2009