Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > SAD    

SAD

mjpa
Spain

SAD

Today, I�m feeling sad and depressed.
The reason why I�m telling you this today and not yesterday, is so that nobody could accuse me of trying to advertise indirectly my own worksheets.
Two of my uploadings were among yesterday�s free contributions, but just one person decided to upload one of them.
I know one of them was not very good. I agree with that since it was just a particular work for a particular lesson I had so I can understand maybe it was not good enough for you, but the other one (which, obviously? i had deviced as well for one of my lessons) I thought it to be quite good. It was especially addressed to children, so maybe the contents were not especially difficult or I don�t know how to say it, but I think it was a good work taking into account what it was about and the type of students it was addressed to.
Anyway, just one person found it useful. And I understand that if something is not useful for you, you are not going to download it, but I still feel sad, and sorry.
What  a pity!

27 Aug 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Check your PM

27 Aug 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Don �t be sad mipa, it happens to me, too, to have worksheets not downloaded, it depends on the quality of them and on the interest that our collegues have for that topic! All of us do our best but sometimes it �s not enough for other people, but our work is good for our own students. Cheer up! You �ll see our collegues will give you good suggestions, they are fantastic!
Hug

27 Aug 2009     

silpont
Argentina

HI mjpa!!! cheer uo!. It happens sometimes!. Don �t feel sorry! there are some of mine which have never been downloaded!. It depends on what teachers r looking for! come on! dont feel sad!Wink
Huge hugs!
Silvi from Argentina!

27 Aug 2009     

Malvine
Latvia

Hello! I don �t think you should despair - you have got 271 points! 271! That �s a whole world! I am striving to reach 30 points, and believe me, it �s so hard! And I think it �s going to be harder and harder because it is really difficult to think of something that has not yet been uploaded among those 250,000+ uploads. But just keep going! As Mariannina said - if not for other people your work will always be good for your students because you actually made the WS for them, didn �t you?

27 Aug 2009     

mjpa
Spain

Thanks to all of you, but the matter Malvine is not that I already have 271 points (Thanks to the 3 people who have uploaded them today in spite of not being free), the point is that two worksheets (at least one) that I thought to be quite good, aparently they are not such a thing, so, i just feel sad.

I understand all of you. I understand it�s true that they proved to be good and useful for my students, but maybe they were just because they had no alternative as you have had.

I�ve seen here in the forum some people accussing others of creating worksheets just for the site, or let�s say it "downloable worksheets", but when you do not do that and you use your own worksheets, it seems they lack something, so, what should I do?

I really understand and agree with most of the things you�ve told me, but still i feel sad.

27 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Congrats Malvine!  You are now up to 32 points and can download 30 of the newest printables for free - forever!
Yeah!

L

27 Aug 2009     

mjpa
Spain

Well, at least my post has been useful for something or somebody. Congratulations Malvine, and thanks Libertybelle, I guess you have had much to do with that. It says a lot about the type of person you are. Thanks on her name (If I�m allowed).

27 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Mjpa, I still have some wss I felt really great about which still have 0 downloads. I was thinking of deleting them from my post, but I �m thinking - let them stay here as a reminder to me that not everyone always sees things as I do. I just wanted to let you know we all have such sad days, and there �s nothing like feeling you worked so hard and put your soul and time into sth and then nobody notices. But in time, we get over it. Think positive!
Anita

27 Aug 2009     

Mouna mch
Algeria

hi and don �t be sad.. and even if you are advertizing i think that this is really intelligent..
i promise to download your worksheets...

27 Aug 2009     

mjpa
Spain

It�s not about getting points Mouna. At least not now. As Malvine said, i�ve already got enough points for a time. And I do not want your promise to dowload anything if it is not useful for you.

It�s not about that. I promise.

27 Aug 2009