Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > september 1 is here!!!    

september 1 is here!!!

didi_sha
Israel

september 1 is here!!!

sooo... what r u going to do in your first leason?
how r u going to start the first english class in your school?
i have a new class with new students, and i need some good ideas :)

28 Aug 2009      

spring
Turkey

hello didi-sha,
First day -like everybodyelse- I try to identify my SS. I ask them about themselves and when they finish their speech I shake hands.
Shaking hands is a very normal behaviour I know but I guess no other teacher did this before me and my Ss liked it. Every year my new Ss are little children.(I mean 2 years by saying everyLOL)
Also I draw circles on the board and write just a word about me.
Like 24, Pınar, green, Tommy,1985, January, İstanbul , Fenerbah�e(a football team) and want them to guess.
They make sentences and sometimes very funny sentences occur like "You are 1985 years old".First day they speak in L1 but I reply them in L2 so that they get some acquisition and get an idea about my style.

28 Aug 2009     

didi_sha
Israel

i liked the shake hands idea.

and the circle one- i think its better, because i will teach my eglish class ather sobject too.
 thanks!
:)

28 Aug 2009     

miss manal
Tunisia

NICE IDEA SPRING I AM GOING TO DO THIS IN MY FIRST DAY

29 Aug 2009     

idamjate
Morocco

I am novice teacher, i have not yet started my 1st new year but i have told about establishing rules with students and agreeing about some important points about the subject and behaviors. Thumbs Up

29 Aug 2009