Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Question...    

Question...

caritush
Argentina

Question...

Hi everybody... I created an all tenses review for a private student. I used worksheets I had downloaded form the site, ad took one exercise from each one aproximately...  I changed the format and edited some ewxercises as well...

would it be okay if i upload it to the site??? I honestly don �t know the owners of each exercise, so I wouldnt be able to give them credit :/

I �m asking bc I �ve seen ppl uploading worksheets based on someone else �s work, or expaniding it... stuff like that but i wanted to check first

thanks!

7 Sep 2009      

monicap_87
El Salvador

You would need to get the owners � approval first. You can PM them. 

7 Sep 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

Hi,

It �s a good question, one which shows you are a responsible member.

The rules state:

• You can only send printables created by yourself. You will never send  printables taken from other websites or publications. You will never send printables whose origin you don �t know (worksheets borrowed from other teachers, for example). If we find stolen printables we will delete the account of the user who sent them.

"Other websites" is interpreted to include ESL printables. At present only you can judge if you have satisfied this rule. If you haven´t then it �s best not to upload it as, if you do, it should then be reported and deleted, which wastes everyone �s time.

• 7 Sep 2009     

zailda
    Brazil

Hi,

I totally agree with David Lisgo, many wss were removed because members use other person �s document as a base for their work and Victor clearly stated that you can �t use parts of other member �s work without his permission. If the author recognizes his work he may report it and it �ll be removed.

I understand that to complaim a work as yours you have to start it with a blank document, and if you use other person �s clipart or style you have to ask permission first.

The wss found here can be edited or copied but just for classroom use, we are not allowed to reupload  even if we make big changes.

You mentioned that you don �t remember whose ws it is, but I �m sure the owner will know that you are uploading his ws and the changes you made may be interpreted as a scheme to mask this fact. And no one would like if the downloaders started changing our wss and reuploading them, would we?

7 Sep 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
    Spain

I agree with you, David Lisgo.

Wise words.

Hugs,

Mar Smile

7 Sep 2009     

caritush
    Argentina

Thanks, it �s not that big of a deal not to upload it really.... i just thought the end product was extremely useful and i wanted to share, that �s all... but it �s not about the points for me really.....

if i knew the authors of the worksheets i would ask them instead of creating this thread. (I used material from about 13 worksheets that i had been downloading for a while)
    Mainly, I just wanted to avoid future problems...

Thanks all of you :)

8 Sep 2009