Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Question!!!    

Question!!!

sabrinita08
Argentina

Question!!!

Hi Dear teachers, I really want to know different ways of practising the present simple. I �m teaching adults. I gave them many reading, listening, speaking and some writing activities. So I want to know other activities... your suggestions are more than welcome,

Thanks,

Sabri

8 Sep 2009      

sarahgriffin
Ireland

One idea is that you could have them interviewing each other, maybe for a job, maybe they could pretend to be someone famous or maybe even estate agents, and one in each pair could be a house buyer.

They would then role play using the present tense.

Another creative way of using present simple is if you get them to create a presentation on an object that they have invented (obviously in their imagination) and they have to describe what it is, what it does.

This game can also be adapted to practice the future tense too, but I would say to only use it once with each class, so don �t use it to practice present then use it again to practice future.  It will get boring!!

There is one other idea I have, but I �ll PM you about it.

8 Sep 2009     

sabrinita08
Argentina

Thanks so much!!!!

8 Sep 2009