Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > How to embed a you tube video in a powerpoint?    

How to embed a you tube video in a powerpoint?

loic
France

How to embed a you tube video in a powerpoint?

Hello.Does anybody know an easy method to embed a you tube video in a powerpoint presentation?I have been trying different ways (firefox ans its extension, free on line dowload(jamovoya)...but nothing works.
Thanks in advance and happy halloween to all  of you.

31 Oct 2008      

mmargalef
Spain

You should convert the video to a specific format (I think the one that works with ppt is  .wmv)
Have a look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7JrpMTz2NA&feature=related it gives you webpages where you can convert your youtube video to .avi, .wav, ....
Hope it helps
Cheers!

31 Oct 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

youtube downloader is a free tool that quickly and easily downloads from youtube and then you can press one more button to convert to what ever file you want! 

It is fantastic and free.

regards
Vicki

31 Oct 2008     

Paulslouis
United Kingdom

I use a program called "Free Youtube download" which I�ve found to be the best and most reliable option available. You can download it (completely for free) from http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-Download.htm . The only thing you need to be careful about is that it tries to install the Yahoo toolbar, if you don�t want that make sure you click the right box when asked.

31 Oct 2008     

eoiamalia
Spain

I use atube, which I download from www.softonic.com , to download videos from youtube.

16 Nov 2008