Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > MOTIVATING YOUNG LEARNERS    

MOTIVATING YOUNG LEARNERS

mailis
Greece

MOTIVATING YOUNG LEARNERS

Hello everybody,

In a few days we are going back to school! It �s nice to be back!!!

I am trying to think of ways to motivate my young learners (10-15 years old). Do you have any idea?

Disapprove

9 Sep 2009      

arlissa
United States

Maybe interesting English movie clips? Or perhaps a study on English text message codes? I think anything using technology helps younger learners.

9 Sep 2009     

sergiovsk
Brazil

I usually use music they really like. Maybe it �s a good idea to play games involving the songs they like.

13 Sep 2009     

Motivator Tech
Egypt

How about showing them some funny personal photos of yours during vacation. Get students in groups and let them discuss their favorite picture and get their feedbacks. The homework of this activity is ti ask them to prepare their own photos for presentation for the future classes.

I hope it works.... It did great with me.

Enjoy!

16 Sep 2009     

piedadrosell
Spain

I saw an interesting word tree in www.sparklebox.co.uk. you can use it in your reading class. You can draw a tree and write the name of each student on the tree �s branchs, but without leaves, then, the students have to read books, each time they read a book, you can give them a leave where they write the title of the book. In this way, they will try to get as much leaves as they can in order to complete their branch. I think is a great way to motivate our students to increase their reading time.

16 Sep 2009