Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Should I work tomorrow ? (Teacherīs Day in Argentina)    

Should I work tomorrow ? (Teacherīs Day in Argentina)

Federicoskr
Argentina

Should I work tomorrow ? (Teacherīs Day in Argentina)

Hi buddies all over the world,
this is a question Iīm still making myself...

I would like to know what are your thoughts in the matter, so I am asking everybody out there, not only my country-colleagues, what is your opinion...

The thing is that I started working on my own this year - I own and run an institute - so the final decision is on me.... I would love to take the day off tomorrow, and take the time to prepare one exam for my interpreting degree which I have on Wednesday (by the way, any fellow phonetics/language teacher out there who can help me??). But, at the same time, I donīt want to take advantage of this "dates" and cancel classes... Do you understand what I mean ???

What s your opinion????

10 Sep 2009      

borna
Croatia

Take the day off! You can do it! You deserve it! Don īt worry about it that much.

Good luck, I wish I could help you!

Sasa

10 Sep 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

You should take the day off. Anyway, very few students -if any- attend private classes when they have no school.

Good luck!

10 Sep 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi Federico:
Check my PM

Stella

10 Sep 2009     

Nereis
Argentina

I agree with Tere. In the first years I runned my institute we had classes, but most of the students didn īt come to class, so now my day is my day and I don īt work.
A big hugh

10 Sep 2009     

Dimitrys
Argentina

You deserve to take the day off! You aren īt taking advantage of anything. Bu if you don īt want to miss classes you can give them another day, it īs an option. Thumbs Up

10 Sep 2009     

zeina monzer
Lebanon

in my opinion any day off is a treasure that one must not miss, so enjoy yourself and have a nice time

10 Sep 2009     

gailna2
Nigeria

Phonetics teacher?
We could exchange ideas

10 Sep 2009     

gunner10
United Kingdom

which city do you live in ?

10 Sep 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Dear Federico,
Take the day off and enjoy it!
I īm sure you work hard and deserve it!
As Dimitys said, you can always make up for that day some other day.
And Happy Day, by the way!

Cyn

10 Sep 2009