Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need to know.....    

I need to know.....

Ahlam
Bahrain

I need to know.....

Salam

It might seem to be a silly question but i need to know, since we r suppose to go back to school on Sunday: How often should i put on a mask for flu protection? I just need to know how to handle this issue of self-protection while teaching or at the classroom or round the school and Ts room?! My son is suppose to go back to school next week he is at grade 2 , what exactly should i train him to do. 

Take care
Ahlam  

11 Sep 2009      

yalanguz
Turkey

I NEED TO KNOW WHY THE POINTS I DESERVE FOR THE SHEETS WHICH WERE DOWNLOADED ARE NOT GIVEN TO ME??????????

11 Sep 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Hi,

in Spain, as far as i know, only the affected ones must wear a mask. When talking about kids, they should wash their hands regularly, avoid physical contact, clean their class material and avoid sharing material. In our schools, we have some kind of "dry soap" in every class. Maybe you could buy a bottle to your kid and put it in his bag. If you do so, remember to use moisturizing cream in his hands when he is back home.

1st of all, please, don �t shout. 2nd, give the system a couple of days.

Regards from Spain,
 Olga

11 Sep 2009     

eng789
Israel

Basically,  it �s just keeping your hands clean and not sharing. 
I get a little nervous when kids say they don �t feel well and I send them to the office to call home.  There isn �t much you can do.

11 Sep 2009     

Miri75
Argentina

I agree with eng789.Here in Argentina doctors told us not to use masks unless we suffer some respiratory infections. The masks are useless when it comes to protecting.

11 Sep 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

The important thing is to know the virus does not live in the air, but on surfaces. So, you must keep your hands clean all the time and if you suspect something you have touched could be infected, just wash your hands very carefully or keep a little bottle of  diluted alcohol  with you (7 parts of alcohol + 3 of water) and clean your hands with that.

If you have nothing at hand do not touch your face: the virus gets into your body through eyes, mouth and nose

11 Sep 2009     

eng789
Israel

Thank you Tere-arg for explaining it so well. 

Also the tip about the alcohol is great.  The gel alcohol is pretty expensive.  Kids have a new toy to play with in class - alcohol bottles.  They even seem to be competing to see who has the biggest  or best bottle (some come scented). 

11 Sep 2009     

Ahlam
Bahrain

True! Thanks Olga for this piece of information. Thank u all too. Any more tips r more than welcome.

11 Sep 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_sanitizer Here is an article about hand sanitizers. A must-have.

11 Sep 2009     

eng789
Israel

Excellent Kate,  thanks for the article.  :  )

11 Sep 2009