Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need a help    

I need a help

miss noor
Palestine

I need a help

Hi,

I need a help please

Which objective is correct :
1- A student will be able to answer some questions about food using pictures.

2- A student will be able to answer some questions about food by using pictures.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Noor

14 Sep 2009      

gitasiva
India

The first one sounds more correct. Don �t you think?

14 Sep 2009     

xyzzyx
Turkey

Hello.

I think the second is correct.
Because in the first sentences I think we can �t use use V+ing . We can use it as reduction form when we are speaking about past event.
But in second sentences you give something to syudent for using it. Yo can tell this situation only by using a praposition and this must be BY.
Dear my friends if Im not right,please warn to me :)

14 Sep 2009     

douglas
United States

"answer some questions about food by using pictures." would indicate that the student uses the pictures to answer the questions. 
For example:
You ask "What are two fruits that are yellow?" and the student answers by holding up a picture of a lemon and a picture of a banana.

I would write something to the effect of:

"With the help of pictures, the student will be able to answer some questions about food." 

14 Sep 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

Hi,
Thanks a lot for ur replying.

I just want u to know that I am going to show some pictures about food by powerpoint.

So , which objective is correct ??

Regards,
Noor : ))

14 Sep 2009     

khaled69
Jordan

i think the 1st one is correct coz that we use it in our teaching lesson plan like methods of teaching when we say that students able to answer questions using jestures or pictures

regards

khaled69

14 Sep 2009     

Ahlam
Bahrain

Salam

That �s how i would write it using ABCD method:

Objective: Students will be able to express ideas orally about food in respond to a given visual stimulus (or a given set of pictures) correctly/ accurately/ effectively(to what degree u want them to achieve the objective.) 

Hope it helps
Ahlam

14 Sep 2009     

Jayho
Australia

I think both are ok

15 Sep 2009