Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > International Day of Peace - Peace One Day    

International Day of Peace - Peace One Day

Tint
South Africa

International Day of Peace - Peace One Day

What will you do to make peace on 21 September?

Do visit the official Day of Peace site here. We can ALL make a difference, even if it is small. Peace starts with each one of us and through us, the people close to us. As teachers, we influence so many. I love that they have resources for teachers, so that we can bring a powerful message of peace to our students. Do visit the site! You can register for the resources (free) here.

17 Sep 2009      

pauguzman
Argentina

The 21 st September is Students � day in Argentina, and we celebrate with parties and games. It should be interesting to have this special theme on that day, I think learners would join it.

17 Sep 2009     

LeandraG
Argentina

Hi! I agree with you.

I prepared a card to give each child along with a sweet as a present, but since a category for Student�s Day doesn�t exist I put it under the SPRING category. It would be nice to have a category for that celebration too, or at least one for cards. 

17 Sep 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Oh, Tint! Aren �t you Brazilian anymore? I was proud of having you representing my country here...

BTW, we have ss engaged in a project: be nice. If everyone acts in a nice way, it �ll contribute to make peace - at least we hope so. We hand them a card (with a dove �s shape) and ask them to write what someone should do to be considered a nice person in their opinion.

Since we celebrate the tree day in the same date in Brazil,  we �ll stick a big poster with a tree on the main wall and the students will place their "doves" with the many ways of being nice as its leaves. I �ll post a picture here, after all of them glued their doves on the tree.

But South Africa is so far from here...

17 Sep 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi Tint,Your post was very touching. I haven �t even checked the links yet but your call to take a part in shaping the world towards peace was moving. Thank you! I will check the links later i promise. I don �t know if Peace day is an official day here in Israel . I have done a project on peace with my 6th graders last year because I agree with you, tint, that as a teacher we have the responsibility to teach towards understanding and tolerance. (especially in my blessed but messed up little corner of the world :).
Interesting te see by the way how many different "days" there are, peace day, tree day, students day ... I read there is even a day for left handed people!
Maybe we can have a round asking what kind of day each one of us would like. I just had a very tiring day at school and three days of holiday ahead so at the moment I would vote for a "sleep late and stay in pyjamas all day" day! :)

17 Sep 2009