Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Halloween crafts    

Halloween crafts

Pastanaga
Spain

Halloween crafts

HI there everybody,
I need your help, I �m preparing my halloween lessons and I want children to do some crafts to decorate the whole school. I teach English to all Primary students, from year 1 to year 6. So I have to think of a different craft for every level. The thing is that I know about lots of crafts that can be made individually but have no idea of crafts that can be made in groups (either small or big). I mean crafts in which many students are involved to get the final result,like paper strings. do you know what I mean?

If somebody has an idea to make it possible I �ll appreciate it very much

Thanks in advance,
Silvia

17 Sep 2009      

Zora
Canada

Well... my little favorite thing is to make funny head stones in groups. You cut the stone head out of cardboard and then let the kids colour it, add some cracks, cobwebs or spiders to it, then they can put on a funny inscription like:

Here lies
I. M. Tired 
School teacher

RIP
Stu Dent
Died from too much Homework.

LOL

17 Sep 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

We had a great time making this witch!  We made the head using paper mach� and painted it with poster paint mixed with white glue.  When it was dry, we placed it on a coat hanger and wrapped �acrilon � - a kind of quilting cotton - around it.  We formed the waist using a tight belt and dressed the witch using an old costume.  We had fun choosing a wig, a cape, a broom made of twigs (not shown in the picture)...  Some girls even made a Jack-o-Lantern necklace!  The hands are rubber monster hands but once we stuffed an old black glove with cotton and it was OK.  It makes a great Halloween decoration and it �s fun to make.

17 Sep 2009     

epit
Turkey

I liked this .Doing something with pupils is great fun !

17 Sep 2009     

Pastanaga
Spain

Thank you Ladybird, Zora, and Anna P your ideas are much appreciated.

A big hug from Spain,
SIlvia

18 Sep 2009