Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Visible cells    

Visible cells

Carla Horne
United States

Visible cells

Dear Friends,

I have a question, please. If cells are visible on a worksheet, does that always mean that it is stolen? Could someone buy a program to create them?

Thanks,

Carla

22 Sep 2009      

moravc
Czech Republic

Well it usually indicates the worksheet is a copy from web browser. But the contributor could have copied his own internet exercises... Very unusual, but it can happen.
For example - I had made an offline exercise in MS Front Page and if I was lazy, I could have copied it as it is into a blank MS Word...
The "gap fill" cells are not so easy to create in MS Word itself...
Hope it helps...

22 Sep 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Thanks, Moravc, that does help.

Carla

22 Sep 2009     

Ahlam
Bahrain

Salam

Not necessarly coz authors sometimes keep their typing neat and well-organised by editing it in invisible tables. specially in matching A items to B items.

Take care
Ahlam

22 Sep 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Carla

These formats are easily copied from web based programs.  I discovered that I can copy and paste the contents of my draft OE to MS Word as a back up in case the OE doesn�t upload correctly. The cells actually work in MS Word. 

This same issue has come up before and some members indicated that they created these types of cells in Word - see this thread http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=9561

Nevertheless, I have found that many WSs with these cells are copied directly from the Internet.  A simple copy and paste of just one question from the WS into Google usually brings up the original source in a matter of seconds.  You can then decide, based on how much of the WS is copied, whether you wish to report it.

Cheers

Jayho

22 Sep 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi, I think that worksheets with cells are copied from the net. Why would a busy teacher spend time to make them if they are not pratical at all because most of the time they are too small for the whole word or sentence. They are concieved for the net.

22 Sep 2009