Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > What is problem-solving instruction?    

What is problem-solving instruction?

pichulina77
Uruguay

What is problem-solving instruction?

WHAT IS PROBLEM-SOLVING INSTRUCTION??????? I �ve googled it but I can �t find anything suitable to ESL, can somebody help me??? Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

23 Sep 2009      

Akanah
Spain

Take a look at this:

Regards from Spain,
Olga

23 Sep 2009     

maoopa
China

It �s somehing very similar to Project Based Learning and Task Based Learning

23 Sep 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi

What is your context?

I am required to teach problem solving essays and I have sourced some info from the web. There should be something for your context.

Problem solving is an essential skill these days and we use it in just about everything we do. 

I found these two links for you that will explain it a bit more.

Cheers

Jayho

23 Sep 2009     

gaby_mn
United States

I think it�s actually Problem-based learning, or PBL, try googling that.

23 Sep 2009     

Adel A
Egypt

�         Problem solving is a communicative activity which add much variety to the classroom. Problem solving such as puzzles and cross words beside encouraging self-expression and communication, encourages thinking which the most important of all skills. Real problem solving consist  not so much of how to do with it, however of how to choose between alternatives

�         A large map of Egypt would be perfect for groups of 3 to 5 students to work on conditionals. If the map (which may be sketched on the board )shows several pictures of different places in Egypt teacher may ask separate groups to choose three places only they would recommend foreigner to visit. Groups or group leaders should be asked to defend their Choices.

23 Sep 2009     

pichulina77
Uruguay

Thanks a lot for your replies!!!!! You �ve been very kind!!!!! XOX

23 Sep 2009