Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > I īm a bit sad...    

I īm a bit sad...

miarish
Portugal

I īm a bit sad...

Dear teachers,

I īve been using this amazing site for some time now and I just love it. The printables are very, very good and every single time I had problems, doubts or questions there were always someone that helped me.
But I īm a little sad because it seems that some users are in a fever to report worksheets and I really doubt that soemeone checks what īs going on... This week I saw two of my worksheets being reported and almost at the same time deleted from the site. They were my own and they were printables I use with my students. In the first one I was accused of not writing in english language and the worksheet said the following: "Follow the dot dot path to find the hidden animal. What animal is it? It is a______". For me this is english!
The second worksheet it was an English flag  to colour and I īve explained that the printable was to use with very small students who don īt know how to read ou write, for that reason, the printable had only the flag and above "England". It was removed because it wasn īt an ESL resource...
And of course I īve tried to contact Victor but he gave me no answer.
I īm not trying to make noise,but....well, it hurts.
I think stolen printables should be reported, yes! Also all printables that are only pictures, yes. And so on...but please be careful when you report! And moderators: pay more attention to printables that you delete!

Miarish

23 Sep 2009      

Zora
Canada

I am one of the moderators that has noticed an increase in reported things that shouldn īt be reported and I am quite appalled at the stuff that is getting reported sometimes.

Constantly Young Learners worksheets are getting reported because somebody doesn īt know how to use them. Or charts, weekly class planners, stickers, etc...

People ALL the above ARE ESL Resources - re the word "resources" and not worksheets!

So, please do not report things unless you know for certain it is copied or taken from elsewhere... Also, I think people should look at the DATE of a worksheet since somethings were allowed a year ago but not now and I do think it is unfair that they be punished because the rules have changed!! We need to be a bit more open-minded...

23 Sep 2009     

donapeter
Romania

I had a worksheet reported some time ago and it was considered to be STOLEN. The person who had the idea to report my ws, which was posted some months ago, said that he/she had had too many windows opened in the same time and he/she reported it by mistake. Of course, that user has for all her/his worksheets the number of points I have on one worksheet alone. But she/he didn īt mind!
So, they think they are so important if they are allowed to do something, no matter what! I advised him/her to mind her/his own business and spend time creating not reporting.
Do not take those problems too seriously! Get over them!

Regards,
D

23 Sep 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Totally agree. Yesterday, I spent the day writing: "Do not remove, very useful for YL ss". And I īm not talking about stikers or pictures (which are ESL resources), I īm talking about nice games.

I īve noticed that lately, most of the WSS are been reported by the same moderators. If they were new, I could understand their mistake, but they are not! I feel really bored telling them time after time that lots of us also teach YL, or showing them Victor īs opinion about L1!
They just don īt care and keep reporting editable WSS and great resoucers for the youngest.

Let īs see what happen after haveng read these post...

Olga

23 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I am sorry to hear that... You know, Victor īs rules are strict. The rules prevent new members to upload copy-pasted texts / pictures. Victor wants some ORIGINAL wss here, picture can be copied, but the suggestions, follow up activities MUST be yours...
Every wss should be completed with some care / time, it īs nice to think HOW to adapt the wss for older students, as there are hundreds of NOVICE TEACHERS at eslprintables and THEY would be LOST without your GUIDELINES... So be so kind and write precise rules / suggestions...
If you are planning to upload those worksheets again, try to update them just a little, so they may be useful for all - even students 5-7 years old and ALWAYS include all suggestions, follow up activities, game rules IN the file...

My suggestion to go with the flag
- ask the smallest student to draw pictures of words connected to the flag (country) and the older students to write few words (adjectives) on the back side (write).
Those words should be brainstormed:
"What do you think about when you see this flag / hear about this country?"
- words expressing colours, country name, size, beauty, people, nature, cities...

and then ask students to draw and cut asymmetric PUZZLEs from the flag
... and use the flag puzzles with other classes...

Basically this idea can go with ANY clipart / photo...

23 Sep 2009     

Zora
Canada

First of all... Victor set "guidelines" and not "strict rules"!! We must use our own judgement when reporting.

And secondly, we are not here to judge the "quality" of a worksheet. We are here to judge the "content". Nothing more and nothing less.

It is unfair to erase a worksheet because it īs not pretty or apparently useful. THINK people before reporting. God knows he gave us a brain, please use it. Somethings DO NOT need a clear explanation on the worksheet to use it! And please read the description box for goodness sake! Two worksheets today have been reported because of this very reason!

I am going crazy seeing the same members always reporting stuff because "they" do not consider it an ESL resource - i.e. "worksheet".

Somebody once told me a good teacher can take a simple piece of blank paper and make a whole class around it!! Now, I think we should take a moment to reflect on this... Just because you can īt do such a thing, doesn īt mean others here can īt!!

23 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Zora is right, the moderators should think carefully before voting to delete and all the members should think carefully before reporting... I had never reported a picture wss...

I just wanted to say it is always nice to see extremely generous contributors sharing a complete worksheets with loads of suggestions and activities... If we use googled pictures, maybe we can share more googled pictures in one file and give several suggestions what to do with the pics... I am not forcing anybody to do so... I would just be very grateful if I saw more complete wss... If the wss contains more, the more it will be used and downloaded...

23 Sep 2009     

Lucia13
Armenia

Two of my worksheets have also been reported,one being Summer Sports Vocabulary with Spanish and Russian translations and the other as if it had been copied from some site the name of which they hadn īt found out yet.I wrote to Victor giving reasons and explaining but didn īt get an answer either.

23 Sep 2009     

maksonije
Serbia

Ive just seen this post and I must say that the same thing happened to me!! The worksheet was completely mine and someone had found it stolen!!

23 Sep 2009     

veraviana
Portugal

This has happened to me before and I totally agree that something must be done to prevent this īreporting fever � from spreading. I also felt sad and angry when my worksheets were deleted. As someone said these people seem to care more about reporting than actually creating new resources. You know what? Get a life!!!

23 Sep 2009     

Cartuxa
Portugal

Hi Miarish! I īve just printed the flag you uploaded to glue on my classes � ENGLISH folders boxes. They will colour it first and then they īll know where to keep their folders! It is useful, so... why should anyone consider it not to be an esl resource? I īm glad I īve doenloaded it before it was deleted! And it has happened to me already, it īs rather irritating... Don īt be sad, we īre with you! And keep up the good work!

23 Sep 2009     

1    2    Next >