Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > NATIVE SPEAKERS; PLEASE HELP ME !    

NATIVE SPEAKERS; PLEASE HELP ME !

Ticas
Portugal

NATIVE SPEAKERS; PLEASE HELP ME !

Can you please tell me if it is correct to say "homework correction" or do we have to say "correction of the homework" ? Can we use both ?

Thanks in advance!
Have a nice Sunday!

27 Sep 2009      

thailinhhp
Vietnam

Both are alright, but I often say to my students :" Homework correction" or " Check your homework" is the same meaning.

27 Sep 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I often say to my student �let �s correct the homework or we are going to correct the homework, or as Thaillinhhp said �check your homework �.

I seldom say �we are going to do homework correction or correction of the homework � although that sounds perfectly fine.

27 Sep 2009     

KathieB
China

I would normally say "Let �s correct your homework" or "Let �s correct the homework".  There is nothing really wrong with "homework correction", but in Australia it is not how we would express it.  "Check your homework" is also totally acceptable, as suggested by another contributor.

I wouldn �t say "correction of the homework" when using it in the example you have used.

27 Sep 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

As a native I would NEVER say correction of the homework. Rather I would use homework correction or check your homework or similar. However I prefer to say, "Guys, here are the answers. Mark your own homework! � Ha! Ha! Just joking!Wink

27 Sep 2009     

eng789
Israel

I would say, it �s time to check your homework.   Maybe - but probably not,  "I expect to get your homework corrections back tomorrow."  

27 Sep 2009     

millmo
France

As a native speaker I would say "let �s CORRECT your homework" when thay have finished it would be "Have you finished your CORRECTIONS?"

27 Sep 2009