Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > bw    

bw

crijus13
Spain

bw

PLEASE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE BW VERSIIONS THAT SO MANY COLLEAGUES ARE INCLUDING.

THY ARE ABSOLUTELY GREAT AND MUCH MORE USEFUL THAN THOSE WITH MANY COLOURS.
THANKS FOR THOSE WHO DO SO

27 Sep 2009      

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi Crijus13,

I agree with you, B&W worksheets are fantastic and cheap to print. Worksheets in grey scale are not the same. Same with non editable ones. But everyone is doing their best I guess to colaborate with the site. 
Sam

27 Sep 2009     

crijus13
Spain

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ABOUT THE GREYSCALE VERSION.
DAS IS T �BERFL�SSIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27 Sep 2009     

Mietz
Germany

Please don �t write German here.
Thanks Ladybird for translating. Otherwise I would have done it.
I know it wasn �t meant anything but nice, but I �ve seen messages which were nasty in languages most of us wouldn �t understand. It doesn �t help. Still ... Hug

27 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I like bw worksheet too!
While making a colourful WS, you can always GROUP the textboxes, so the background colour can be removed in few clicks... (leftclick - Format - No colour - ok)

So, while sharing a SINGLE PAGED colored WS ONLY, you can actually save a lot of time of downloaders...
Maybe we should consider this GROUPING as a standard method...

27 Sep 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

colourful worksheets and worksheets with lots of little pictures mean LOADS of extra work for me - I take everything out before I can use them.

27 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

yes, you are right, so if everybody groups all textboxes
and then groups all pictures
you, edlerverein, can delete all pics in 1 click one "delete key" :-)
and remove all colours by clicking - Format - No background colour...
Both could be finished within 10 seconds :-D

Or the contributor can upload COLOURED AND BW PRINTER FRIENDLY version in one file...
But there are many members who don �t know it �s possible / welcomed / appreciated :-D

27 Sep 2009     

epit
Turkey

I have never got coloured  photocopy.It is too expensive.I have to use BW but in the projector pupils like colourful painting and images.So do I

27 Sep 2009     

encarnara
Spain

Could anybody tell me how to do BW versions? I must confess that I have no idea. Thanks.

28 Sep 2009     

Eyra
Spain

I agree with epit. Coloured photocopies are too expensive so I print it in greyscale. However, if I use the projector and I use it in colour, I get attention even from students who are not interested in what I �m trying them to do. I think both ways are very useful but I �m learning to create worksheets and, like encarnara, I don �t know how to do BW versions.  

28 Sep 2009