Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > songs    

songs

chiaras
Italy

songs

Is a song considered a esl material if uploaded just as it is without adding any tasks? I know that we can �t upload a rearranged text if we do not add more than one original task too, and that more than 60% of the ws must be original (I know because one of my ws was removed since I had rearranged a text and added just one task), but now I �m wondering if rules are different for songs. Thanks!

30 Sep 2009      

carlaaguiarsilva
Portugal

If you upload only lyrics it is not consider an ESL resource...

30 Sep 2009     

urpillay
Spain

Hi Chiaras,
I don �t consider songs an ESL resource in itself. A song becomes an ESL resource when it is used for our students to achieve an educational purpose, when we can use it to reinforce vocabulary, grammar, intonation and can do an activity, project, etc with them. If not we are just copying and pasting something we can get really easy from other websites on the net.
In my opinion, explanations should be included about how to work with that song in the classroom, but it �s just my opinion.
INMA ALC�ZAR

30 Sep 2009     

chiaras
Italy

I agree with you! I had asked because I had a seen a song with lots of dowloads yesterday, but it was just a song, anything else. Now it has been removed, so rules are clear. Thanks again for your answers! Have a nice day!

30 Sep 2009