Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Please!!!! Monster stories needed!!!    

Please!!!! Monster stories needed!!!

Mishuna
Argentina

Please!!!! Monster stories needed!!!

There are soooo many things on line and I couldn �t find anything good for my students!!!
I need a very very simple monster story with a body description or sth like that...do you have any? May be from a Student �s book...I �ve been looking for it for a long time and nothing appears :(((
I �ll have to make one on my own...

3 Oct 2009      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Mishuna

just answering because I feel sad no one answers. I have nothing to share. You know there is a problem, a virus, may be some people can �t get in touch.
Now, about what you need! I don �t know exactly what your aims are, but a story, a monster, physical description, all together in a one, I don �t have.
I usually have that kind of subject, when I have physical description and one of the activities I usually have is what I call ( probably everyone calls it the same ) " A PICASSO DICTATION ", that is they have to draw a monster, following what I describe, for instance: He has three big, square heads and one small eye in the middle " ... something like this.
May be you can begin with something like this and, as Halloween is showing up round the corner , have the kids to imagine a story with that monster. ( very difficult, isn �t it ? )
Sorry, Mishuna, no more ideas,and believe me, no material I can send you privately.
So sorry
linda

3 Oct 2009     

johanne23232
Israel

Hi Mishuna! I just did a quick search on the site of the word "monster" and saw lots of nice stuff you might be able to use....did you give that a try?
Good luck!!

3 Oct 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Not a story with monsters but interesting.

3 Oct 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

Thanks a lot for the ideas...the thing is that I was asked for my teacher to make a storytelling on my practices and I can �t find a simple story.
Olindalima, thanks for replying hahha, don �t feel sad because a lot of people has sent me a PM to help me and they were really useful...
I �m still searching though in order to find the best story for this group.

3 Oct 2009     

inmapower
Spain

I don �t know if this worksheet will be useful for you. Anyway, have a look at

3 Oct 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Check out this http://www.ambafrance-ma.org/efmaroc/malraux/ecole/zaers/zaerscom2/avosplumes/avosplumes50.html
The story is called "Billy and the monster". It is from an Oxford book, but I don �t remember which, I think it is I spy. The book has a colouring version of the book for children, flashcards for the teachers to tell the story and the audio.
I used it some years ago and my students loved it.
Hope you like it!
Cyn

4 Oct 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

Hi Cyn, it �s excellent!!! That �s what I was looking for.
Another teacher has sent me an email with a story called "Where �s my baby monster?" and it �s very very funny...so now I have two stories for my students...they will love them.
Thank you so much to all of you because I could get a lot of material and new sites to bookmark!!

4 Oct 2009     

Adva
Israel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9STHmLGLWM&feature=related
this link takes you to a great educational story called" not now Bernard"we use it in Israel.
check it out! Adva.Hug

4 Oct 2009