Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Congrats to ALL ! (and a couple ?s)    

Congrats to ALL ! (and a couple ?s)

dlpreba
France

Congrats to ALL ! (and a couple ?s)

Hello to all !

Wow! I just joined and the amazing persons that contribute incredible pieces of work on this site really is great to see! What a great network!

A couple statements and maybe a question or two...

I am a Canadian recently installed here in Paris, France. I have just completed my TEFL last month and am currently doing the Business English course.

While I �ve been a coach (for a sport) and a leader (director) for most of my life, I am a bit nervous/intimidated at teaching English. Strange as it �s my mother tongue! Is it just the �first-time � nerves?

Also, being in Paris, there are numerous language schools around. Anyone know of language schools to �stay away from �? Or suggestions of good, reputable language schools to begin working at?

Thanks, and keep up the amazing work! Hats off to ALL!!
Sincerely,
Darrell

5 Oct 2009      

alien boy
Japan

Welcome to the crew Wink

& yes, it is just ´newbie nerves´ on the teaching front. You´ll find all sorts of advice, ideas & help from the membership here... so don´t be worried about asking any teaching related questions, no matter what they are!

Cheers,
AB

5 Oct 2009     

teresaraiva
Portugal

Welcome DarrelL Smile

5 Oct 2009     

millmo
France

Hi
Well, all the best, I am afraid I do not have answers top your questions, other than to say that once you start you will get over the nerves...the first day is always the worse and lay down the law the first day otherwise the kids take advantage!!! Been there, done it, got the war wounds to prove it!!

I do have a question of my own for you!!!

I see you have just completed your TEFL. Would you be able to give me details of how you did this. I currently only teach privately or as a teaching assistant so have not got the TEFL but would be interested in doing it...any details would be greatly received.

You will find this site a great help, and also there are plenty of teachers lesson books out there depending on the age groups...I am  do primary, 6eme, 5eme,  BAC  and adults.

5 Oct 2009     

gilorit
Israel

The miracle is this--the more we share, the more we have.

- Leonard Nimoy

Orit

5 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

Welcome to the site - and yes, it is quite normal to be nervous at first! But once you do your first classes, you �ll feel more confident and the feeling will slowly start to fade.

Smile

5 Oct 2009     

teresapr
Portugal

WELCOME!

5 Oct 2009     

Miss Paulaey
Argentina

Welcome to this wonderful site from Argentina!

Good luck with your new life there...Thumbs Up

Paula

5 Oct 2009     

mokus19
Hungary

Welcome!!! I �m sure you will get all the support you need from the members of this site and you will find all the materials to help you with teaching. It �s really a new experience for you, moving to a new country and starting a new job there. Great!! Good luck!!

5 Oct 2009     

moniq2
Mexico

Hello from Mexico, even it is a bit late since you posted ...

Let me tell you that 2 years ago I was In Victoria B.C, Canada. and i studied my TEFL there. I spent a beautiful time, I learned a lot and of course I was nervous but I found some beautiful and kind people. i REALLY hope you have the same and better experience than me. Enjoy and everything will be easy.

Good luck

Monica

5 Oct 2009     

Montypython
France

Hi Darren!

Unfortunately, I don �t live in Paris and can �t answer your questions about language schools.

However, I can also tell you that being nervous (even when you have always wanted to be a teacher and have never had any other job) before your first lesson is usual! I guess everybody or at least most of us feel that.

Don �t worry, it usually disappears as soon as you are teaching (and have to help / teach / explain) because it �s such a rewarding job.

The most difficult part is before actually!

Welcome to this awesome site!

I spent a year in Alberta, one of the best in my life (teaching French at the U. of A.). What a wonderful country and great people!

Have a wonderful stay in Paris!

Marie.

5 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >