Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > 1St lesson after a month exchange trip......WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!?????????    

1St lesson after a month exchange trip......WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!?????????

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

1St lesson after a month exchange trip......WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!?????????

My students have been away for a month in an exchange trip in the USA and i don �t know waht to do with them on the first class bakc.....of course they are going to share their experiences and won �t want to work!!!!!!!

So help me please......waht activities/games can i do with them in order work our first class together

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aLDANA FROM ARGENTINAAAAA

5 Oct 2009      

e_teacher
Chile

You could prepare a set of questions cards , asking them about their experience, their favorite place or things like that. You can have them talking in pairs o small groups. You could also ask them to write an essay or something shorter about their experience after the questions cards. I don �t know it might help.

5 Oct 2009     

cauffeypot
Albania

I went on a trip and in my suitcase I packed... they are supposed to recite one thing and then the next person is supposed to remember the previous item and their own thing, and so on. It may be juvenile, but they may like it. It takes about 5-10 minutes. Great ice breaker.

5 Oct 2009     

winky2
United Kingdom

Maybe it would be a good idea to write a letter to them saying what you did in this month and asking them to reply you describing their trip. You could ask them to write what they did and didn �t like, what was the most difficult for them etc. As far as I can see ss like this activity, beacuse they really feel that you �re interested and want to answer your letter. I wouldn �t check the letter for any mistakes, I �d just write a few words of reply to every s. Although, it �s quite time consuming for the teacher I believe it �s worth doing.

5 Oct 2009     

GigiGraziano
Argentina

helloooo.. well something that came into my mind is thet you can give them a sheet with a chart to complete positive and negative points. ask Ss not to write their names and then mix the sheet and read one . Ss have to listen and guess whose  the sheet  is.. then you  go on with each sheet.. the one that guesses more can have an award.. it also helps to see if they think and feel the same about the trip..

well i hope it is useful..
hugs.. from entre r�os

5 Oct 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

They could do a touristic pamphlet of a place they �d recommend for future groups. Ask them to add pictures they �ve taken on their trip.

6 Oct 2009