Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Clothes: Tank Top    

Clothes: Tank Top

abba
Spain

Clothes: Tank Top

Hello. I hope you are having a great day. We are studying the clothes and I have a doubt what �s the equivalent for spaghetti tank top in British English? I found vest top but it sounds a little weird. Thanks.

6 Oct 2009      

Jayho
Australia

In Australia we call the really thin straps on  ladies tops and dresses �shoestring straps�.  We use mainly British English so maybe  the same term is used in UK???  Perhaps a UK member can enlighten us.

6 Oct 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Hello from an Italian who eats spaghetti LOL! How nice to learn new expressions! Do you say "spaghetti" instead of string? Lovely.
Ciao
Hug

6 Oct 2009     

sivgin2100
Turkey

Hi all,

As far as I know we call them vests or just tops in British English :)

Have a nice day....

6 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

sleeveless tops?????

6 Oct 2009     

mariannina
Italy

My present weight gives me the answer: "Yes, I know"! Yummy!
How many other ways of using the word "spaghetti" do you have? I like it (the idiom I mean LOL) Grazie and ciao Hug

6 Oct 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Here �s one for you mariannina  - a spaghetti western (movie) like The Good The Bad and The Ugly

Cheers - Jayho

6 Oct 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Yes, we use that in Italy, too. Ciao

6 Oct 2009     

kaz76
United Kingdom

We �d say spaghetti strap vest, strappy vest top or maybe even just vest top (although a vest top usually has wider straps) 

6 Oct 2009     

abba
Spain

Thanks a lot to allof you for your help. I love this site.

6 Oct 2009