Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > EFA courses    

EFA courses

portugueseteacher
Portugal

EFA courses

Hello, everyone!Smile

I �ve just started an Efa course and I fond out my adult students didn �t know anything at all!

!The majority of them(90%) don �t actually  have a clue about English!

So, I �m asking for your kind help.If could give me some hints, it would be great!
Thanks in advance!

8 Oct 2009      

susanasap
Portugal

Hi! Take a look at the site 4shared.com. You can download a great book for teaching adults -  New Headway. Last year I also had EFA and that book was very helpfull.
Good Luck

8 Oct 2009     

morganalin
Portugal

Well I teach EFA courses too. Don �t worry too much with that. U just need to teach them all the elementray stuff because the majority of them never had English in their life. In  the first classes we talk about anglicisms, the alphabet, greetings and fareweel, personal identification, ... and so on, simple things to students that never spoke a word in English.

Hugs

8 Oct 2009     

morganalin
Portugal

P.S Susana gave u an excellent tip. I have that book too and it �s useful

8 Oct 2009     

seni
Portugal

I always ask them if any of them knows wnglish. They answer right away " Nothing at all". Then you ask them where do they go on Sunday afternoon - they go to the shopping - an english word- Then you ask them how can they not know english if they don �t speak it every day. Talk about ice tea, walkman, cd, cheeseburger, sunday, play, pause, reset, dvd, basketball, football, handball, search in the internet for other words they really get a huge surprise and i really motivates them. They become much more self confident.
Bye have nice lessons. By the way- from which city of Portugal are you? I �m from S.Jo�o da Madeira.

Bye

9 Oct 2009