Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Please, read the comments before downloading worksheets    

Please, read the comments before downloading worksheets

zambia09
Czech Republic

Please, read the comments before downloading worksheets

I �m really sad, angry, disappointed.....

Today was among reported workesheets 1 stolen from Kamilam. By the time I write this the cheater got 150 downloads and 16 "thank yous". There are also 4 warnings the worksheet was stolen and guess what? Yes, people still keep downloading and don �t careAngry

Already the 6th message under the ws was saying it �s stolen, then other 2 ....and still people say "thank you". I was so angry I sent PMs to the ones who thanked in spite of the warnings. I can �t believe some people here are so ....ignorant? Or how else should I call it?

How would they feel if someone had stolen their ws and other people sent "thank you" comments to the thief instead of them?

Please, before you download any worksheet:
1. read the comments under it,
2. have a quick look at the other user �s wss to eliminate giving the points to the wrong person (the thieves usually have only the one stolen ws and no points, or their other wss are in totally different style it �s obvious it can �t be theirs).

9 Oct 2009      

venezababi
Brazil

thanks zambia, I didn �t read the message. Sorry.

9 Oct 2009     

Coquina
Spain

I agree with you dear Zambia,

This stealing and copying of styles really gets on my nerves. The worrying thing is that a lot of people seem not to care that the ws is stolen and they are more interested in getting it  for free than in downloading it from the original author. I can�t believe there are so many people who do not read the comments. Kamila�s stolen ws has a lot of downloads at the moment, and I�m sure it will get more till it is removed. Where will all these points go? Nowhere. The thief won�t get them, neither will Kamila. This is very unfair for the author of the stolen ws. I fear that some members will stop contributing if this happens over and over again. Something should be done. Any ideas?

9 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

There are some ideas:

In case the user is reported 3 times for stealling - ban. Some may say he/she could create another account and carry on stealling. Well, why not ban the IP address?

All the points should go to the original creator.

By now the stolen ws has over 180 downloads and look at those comments:

http://eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=299126#thetop

Are the people blind or what?? I �m really sick of this!!!Dead

9 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

Regarding the "ideas"... Banning an IP does not prevent a person from signing up at home instead of school or vice-versa or using another person �s IP - it can be done, especially now thanks to the appearance of WIFI.

To "give" the stolen points to a person, Victor would need to do this manually after reviewing each and every worksheet. (I know because I am admin over at another site). So this is not a very feasible idea since he made moderators so that he wouldn �t have to review work himself.

9 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear Zora,

I know my ideas aren �t the best. But we should think of something how to eliminate this. I feel so sad this is happening every day and we can do nothing about it. Cry

9 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

I understand your frustration Zambia09, but there will always be bad fruit among the good fruit and all we can really do is focus on the good and not left the bad bring us down. Internet sites are extremely hard to "regulate". Especially when we are offering a service for free basically...

All I can say is, "Cheer up, some days are gloomier than others but we need to focus on the good things here instead of the bad, since we can �t change the bad unless we are all - and by all I mean the 243 549 members here, willing to change our ways and be honest about what we do... "

9 Oct 2009