Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > A revenge - what shall I do?    

A revenge - what shall I do?

zambia09
Czech Republic

A revenge - what shall I do?

Hi, 

yesterday I reported some worksheet stolen by nounaya (not only me, the rest was reported by other people) and left a comment under them, so people wouldn �t download them.

Today I found out she has written a message under one of my own wss,, that it was stolen from labmat. I spent 2 hours creating this worksheet and this kind of revenge is really sick. I even think about reporting this ws so the moderators can decide whether I �m a cheater or not (because I know how much time I spent already by creating my wss). But as this is a kind of sick revenge by nounaya and it has never happened to me before - what shall I do? Shall I write Victor and ask for the removal? Or shall I write another comment with an explanation under it? Really don �t know and hope you will help me.

Thanks a lot, Michaela

10 Oct 2009      

elderberrywine
Germany

I don �t think this matter should be made public here and I don �t think you need people �s advice on it. We �re talking about one worksheet among hundreds we get every day.

Make up your own mind and deal with this problem in an adult way. Decide whether your reputation is really endangered or whether you are just hurt and want everybody to know. That �s my view.

This site suffers tremendously from people �s conflicts being made public - all sorts of conflicts. It really puts me off.

Maybe there should be a separate section on ESL printables  in which stealing, copying, revenge etc can be dealt with so as to spare the general section.

Enjoy your weekend, everybody, and relax!!

10 Oct 2009     

Buschbaby
South Africa

I agree Edlerverein!!!

10 Oct 2009     

donapeter
Romania

Some time ago, a member  made a negative comment on one of my wss. I checked his account, he had zero points. So? Should I have been angry? Or offended? Just ignore frustrated people! They feel they are important if they are taken into consideration.

D

10 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

By the way, edlerverein - there are other issues which shouldn �t  be made public. Can �t see what �s wrong with my question. I am sure I �m not the first so I want to know about other member �s experience with such sick behaviour.
Sorry, but you haven �t helped at all, but thanks you at least bothered with reading it.

10 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Thanks, donapeter.Smile

Just one more question: did you put an explanation under this comment for other people to see?

10 Oct 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

There are definitely many issues that shouldn �t be made public, I quite agree. But your "problem" is one of them.

I didn �t help you in the sense you expected help, zambia09.

That �s often the case when you ask for help. You expect something along YOUR lines of thinking but get something different.

Which doesn �t mean it �s the wrong kind of advice, but that the person asking for advice doesn �t want to expand his or her way of thinking beyond his or her own horizon. I know the feeling, I also tend to get angry with people who give me completely different opinions, but after a while I realize I was too upset or taken in by what was bugging me to see clearly.

Many people here are fed up with petty conflicts, false reporting, revenge, and lots of childish emotions - so maybe what I said helps the SITE, even if you feel it doesn �t help YOU.
Dorothea

10 Oct 2009     

Ricardofaraujo
Portugal

Try to worry more about your work and your students! After all, that �s what it really matters, isn �t it? This kind of arguments are common with my teenage students although I may understand your feelings!
We can �t always choose the people we talk to; sometimes they just talk to us even if we don �t know them. When this happens, you may be lucky and find a wise person or you may be unlucky and find a childish person! But my question is: is this kind of person so important for you? Does he/she deserve your waste of time?

Have a nice weekend!

10 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Thank you Sylivia, I sent you a PM.Hug

@Ricardofaraujo:
My English must be really awful �coz I don �t really care about this person. I was trying to ask what to do if there is "STOLEN" comment under my ws just because she wanted to have her revenge. My wss are great but I would mind if people wouldn �t download it because of that comment which is not true at all. Hope I �ve explained better now and you will understand.
I don �t want to argue with anyone and  I was looking for an urgument as I was told by Dorothea. I was seeking an advise and Sylvia helped me. She �s got my best regards and for me this is the end. Unfortunately I can �t delete this thread but I ask other members not to bother with it any more as (thanks to stexstme) is solved.

Have a nice weekend, Michaela

10 Oct 2009     

carlaaguiarsilva
Portugal

Hi Michaela, this person did the same to me. Just ignore her, she doesn �t deserve our attention. All the best, Carla

10 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Even though Zambia wrote her message as a personal problem, this is really a group problem.  I �ve been keeping track of these 0 point moderators, usually from the same country, and found that I truly think that this is a little handful of people or perhaps even one, who gets his/her kicks by falsely reporting good worksheets and constantly uploading Vanda �s materials just to piss people off. These people are constantly changing identities because when I go back, they never upload their own stuff. They abandon their identities and get a new one.
The best we can do is NOT to comment on their reports and NOT get all riled up, but just click on the button that says do not remove. I really think these people get a thrill by reading all the reactions to their false reports.
So just ignore them with comments. People usually give up when they don �t get a reaction.
L

10 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >