Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Thanksgiving at my school    

Thanksgiving at my school

MMAYRA
Mexico

Thanksgiving at my school

Hi! Everybody

I need your wonderful and great ideas. I need to make a project to celebrate Thanksgiving in the school, this project must include parents and pupils and it has to be something special, because it �s going to be the first year we have something like that. We have 100 teenagers (12-15)
I really appreciate your ideas and your help.

Thanks

13 Oct 2009      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello

Your flag is Mexican, so, as far as I know, your country hasn �t much to do with Thanksgiving. The first time I tried to work this subject, here, in my country, I faced the same problem.What to do?
I decided to ask the students ( 2nd year of English ) to write a few sentences, thanking for everything they had, in their everyday life.
At first, it was quite uncomfortable, because they said they had nothing to thank for, this means that they considered that everything they had, didn �t have to be thanked.
After some discussion, I got some wonderful pieces of work. They discovered they had to thank for having a mother and father, for their lovely pets, for the school with very fair conditions, for " their lovely, wonderful English teacher", because " I think I have a wonderful, long, strong, wavy, brown. fair .... hair, I like my big blue eyes, cause I have a bike, a computer, a playstation, cause I had some wonderful days of holidays in a nice place, ....etc, etc, etc.
Well, just an idea, I think I still have these works in my laptop, if you think they can help, I can send them to you. I posted them, at the time, but, obviously they were not printables to "be worked" so, after some time I deleted them.
If you need, tell me
linda

13 Oct 2009