Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Silly question!!!    

Silly question!!!

vardaki
Cyprus

Silly question!!!

Hi everybody!
Is the first year i do the English lesson and I�d like to no what you write in child s  exercise book when everything is correct.

16 Oct 2009      

silvanija
Lithuania

Excellent!  Brilliant!  Perfect!  Great!  Big smile
More ideas you can find here http://www.4lifehappykids.com/pdfs/100_ways_praise_child.pdf

16 Oct 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

I mostly prefer to say "well-done" or  "congratulations" to appreciate or
"try a bit harder next time" to wake more attention to the subject.

16 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

Great Job. - Good Job. - Nice work.- Nice job. - Nicely done!- Good work. - Keep it up!

16 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

I draw a happy face  -  but stickers are good too.

16 Oct 2009     

MartaZ
Poland

Hi!

I also write short comments: Good! Great! Excellent! and/or draw a happy face or a star.
Star stickers are a nice thing, you can stick one, two or even three for excellent work.

Marta

16 Oct 2009     

zizou27300
Algeria

Hi there,

you can praise your PPS work in more than 99 ways among them: great, super, you are really genius, you diserve all my appreciations, what a great job, you �re on the right path,I loved your work, you are  really progressing excellent, carry on the good work 

16 Oct 2009     

Moon22
United Arab Emirates

I �m a teacher since four years now and I use about five different praising phrases..

I think your question is not silly at all...

and all my thanks to Silvanija for her wonderful link.. i already saved it :)

16 Oct 2009     

chrisel
Canada

Here �s an extension of this idea...
I always want my students to correct their work;  if everything is right on the page the first time, I write Good at the top (or Great, etc.);  if there are mistakes, I write nothing at the top.  I continue to check for corrections the next time the book is handed in; when everything on the page has been corrected, I put a big OK at the top.  Then every few weeks, we have a "correcting marathon" - so all pages in the students � books have either Good or OK....if they don �t, some corrections need to be made.

16 Oct 2009