Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help making worksheet please    

help making worksheet please

julianbr
Italy

help making worksheet please

Hi all,  I think this site is a really good idea and I would like to make a worksheet to share with everyone. Hoiwever, when i try to make a gapfill sentence the program says there �s an error and that I can �t place a gapfill in the given location ..  Can anyone tell me what I �m doing wrong please?

17 Oct 2009      

Samantha.esl
Italy

Sorry, are you talking about the OE? (online exercise) or �worksheets? �
I don �t understand what you mean with the gap filling and what program?

17 Oct 2009     

julianbr
Italy

Thanks for your swift response, Sam. I am referring to the online editor which appears to be for making worksheets for people to download. I have just literally come across this site and started trying to use the proffered editor. 

17 Oct 2009     

julianbr
Italy

oh I see the confusion .. that s for making online exercises only .. :blush:

I tried to make an online exercise with gapfills .. but could place them  

17 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hello again!..

Well, the OE.. it �s a different thing to that of the worksheets. I �ve read a few days ago someone saying that the OE couldn �t be downloaded and I didn �t understand what she/he meant. 

Well, if you want to make a worksheet... just do it in a WORD document  and and when you finish you can go to Send a printable   and there you will be guided on to upload your first contribution. Then you have to wait for one day. When people download it,.. you will get points which will allow you to download printables.. But you must reach the 30 points to be able to download.

17 Oct 2009     

julianbr
Italy

thanks very much for you help, Sam .. I will set about making some worksheets in open office and try to upload them and then hopefully see what the score is ... but do you get one point per download? .. 30 seems an awful lot .. 

17 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Yes, you get one point each time the worksheet is downloaded.. But 30 is not much at all! you CAN get them in just one printable. Just make sure you make something of your own.. not stolen works.. We have a group of Sherlock Holmes detectives here and will report and remove cheeky member �s printables.. :O)))

17 Oct 2009     

julianbr
Italy

ooh I wouldn �t do that Sam .. honest.. :?))

17 Oct 2009