Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > vocabulary exercise    

vocabulary exercise

zeina monzer
Lebanon

vocabulary exercise

dear teachers
i need your help in creating a vocabulary exercise using the following words for grade 9

personality - self confidence - characteristic - develop(improve) - influence - successful - support - encourage - dermination - challenge - decision - teenagers - affect -

i was thinking of writing a paragraph including these words
then i write the meanings of the words  and ask the ss to find the words in the text.

plz i need your suggestions to improve my ss �  vocabulary and and their writing skills.

18 Oct 2009      

lomasbello
Venezuela

You can make an unscramble exercise, referential elements exercise or a matching exercise where students should match the words with their meaning. Also, reading comprenhension is a way tool to make students get the new vocabulary.

18 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

Have the kids translate the words and tell them they are the wordbank for the cloze you have prepared.
Cloze =  text with words missing. ( with or without a wordbank.)

A person � s personality is  influenced  by how he is raised by his parents.  If as a teenager �s parents allowed him to make decisions  about important things and supported and encouraged  him not be afraid to accept challenges,  then there is a good chance that he has developed enough self confidence  to be successful.   This characteristic will affect his whole life.

18 Oct 2009     

zeina monzer
Lebanon

thank you verrrry much for your help , i really appreciate your support

18 Oct 2009