Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Halloween activities for teenagers    

Halloween activities for teenagers

patrenou
Argentina

Halloween activities for teenagers

I celebrate  Halloween with my pupils aged 7 to 19 every year.  I have some games the little ones enjoy doing   but it�s hard for me to entertain the older ones aged 13 to 19. Do you have any ideas you can share with me?  I can use the computer we have at the institute with a large enough monitor to seee movies or videos
 If you have any ideas , they will be welcomed
                                                                                    Thanks in advance
                                                                                                                    Pat

19 Oct 2009      

English971
Guadeloupe

U could try to make them write halloween poems or songs (u can find some on the web as examples) or make them organise a halloween party so they �ll have to create posters, invitation cards, menus.....

19 Oct 2009     

67Englishteacher
France

With one of my classes we watched a very short movie (made for learning purposes) that I �m not sure you can find easily. It �s called "One dark night" and it �s a Grapevine production. I interrupted the movie every now and then although it lasts less than ten minutes and I asked the students to tell what they had seen using the past. After that we studied vocabulary about fear such as "scary", "terrified" etc. And now they have to write a mini book in pairs, using part of the vocabulary and it should be written in the past and have pictures. Of course it has to be scary! They started the writing part this morning and they really seemed to enjoy it. A pupil from another class asked me this afternoon if her class was going to do it too! So I guess they found it interesting indeed!

You could use another horror movie and study just an extract, for example list what creates the scary atmosphere (sounds, events, darkness etc). Or you could drop that part altogether. The class I �m working with has a good level and I thought it was a fun way to review the past. I also plan on asking them to read the story in front of the class and then have the class vote for the best one, giving arguments such as "it �s the most original", "it �s the most frightening", etc. This way I �ll introduce the superlative!

I hope it may inspire you in turn. Good luck! And...happy Halloween !!!

19 Oct 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Activities for teens.

19 Oct 2009