Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Comment regarding Logos´ recent comment    

Comment regarding Logos´ recent comment

SueThom
United States

Comment regarding Logos´ recent comment

My apologies--I�m technologically challenged and can�t figure out how to post a reply to a comment made on this forum when there isn�t a title on it.

Anyway, I heartily agree with Logos� last comment regarding people putting some effort into creating contributions and that after 30 downloads, you eventually have access to a LOT of good ESLprintables.  That said, however, based on my own experiences and the regular requests I see regarding the topic in this forum, it IS difficult when you�re just learning how to do it.  Sometimes when we�ve gotten very good at something, we forget that.  It would be a lot simpler for beginners if (before they have 30 points) they could download a couple of printables that explain how to make them.  I know I benefited tremendously from frenchfrog�s or ichacantero�s worksheets and I�ve seen some other excellent ones (Logos�, I believe) on PowerPoints.  Or perhaps some of that info could be put in an FAQ section.  Why make everyone who wants to join this community "reinvent the wheel"?  If we help them along a little in the beginning, those of us already here will benefit that much sooner from the work of the newer teachers.

But perhaps this is a redundant post and poor, overworked Victor is already planning something like that.  I�ve said it before, but it bears repeating:  Thank you, Victor, for this marvelous site!!Clap

Sue

5 Nov 2008      

victor
Spain

Yes, it would be a great idea. I�m already working in a FAQ page, and I�ll try to include some tutorials on how to make good worksheets and powerpoints.

5 Nov 2008     

SueThom
United States

Wonderful, Victor!  I know you must have an incredible workload already, but I think this will be really helpful to new people.

6 Nov 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

This FAQ suggestion has been circulating for a long time now, so hopefully something will get sorted out.  Personally, whilst I am not saying that MY contribution should definitely be amongst those that are recommended, but it would not bother me if my worksheet was given away free, without the bother of having to add points to the account.  After all, as I pointed out earlier I have more than 30 points and so do not need them.  I cannot speak for others but I feel fairly sure that FrenchFrog and Ichantero would also be more than happy to do the same.

7 Nov 2008