Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Cartoon HELP needed    

Cartoon HELP needed

cherieimh
Vietnam

Cartoon HELP needed

Hello everyone,

Just had a long hard day today and am trying to prepare for my next lessons and googled Ben10 and Pokemon in hopes of finding something exciting for the little kids I teach. As everyone knows it is very difficult to hold their attention unless we can get to something that they are already interested in. I am in Viet Nam but teaching Korean children most of the time. I do not have any points to download at the moment and I am longing to figure out how I can possibly get some help in planning lessons that will appeal to the kids. The only result that Google has for ESL Ben 10 brought me back here :-) I am desperate to contribute so that I can take full advantage of all that you have available here. It is absolutely the best place I could have discovered. If anyone has any idea how I can get anything soon I would be eternally grateful. I worked on a worksheet to upload half the night a few nights back but need to find a way to scan it and send it. If there is any site out there which might be free please let me know. I am in awe of how beautifully people share here and I have had some wonderful help from people and I will forever be grateful. I am brand new at this and like most things that are worthwhile it isn �t easy! Cher

26 Oct 2009      

SaraMariam
United States

I sent you a pm :)

26 Oct 2009     

cherieimh
Vietnam

Thanks to you dear people I have several pm �s and will get right to it. My email address is [email protected] for those who said they could send something. I need to lock myself in to a rented hotel room somewhere and arrange for a laptop and not to be disturbed so I can try and make some materials to upload to arrange for paint. I am so new at this. I am in Viet Nam and am a retired RN. I spent my entire life hearing, "Nurse, Nurse" suddenly it is "Teacher, Teach". I adore the kids. I wouldn �t consider doing this if it had been such a fantastic chance to grow and learn myself. A month ago I couldn �t have told you zip about Dinosaurs ..... today! Ha I �m a walking Grandma style resource book. Dragons anyone? I �ve checked them out to. I am teaching every hour and exahusted it feels and some very huge classes but I cannot remember a time in a long time that I have felt as though I just might really be making a difference. By using the creative materials that we get here I am able to build a class and I leave higher than the soccer balls I �ve been teaching about. So many of you have helped me and I am humbly grateful I just have to escape and apply myself to create some worksheets. I will never forget people who sent me lessons and one who had a lesson that she had never posted so gave it to me so I oculd start getting points. I do not has a single lesson yet on the cartoons so anyone who can help I would appreciate it as would the kids more than I can say. Hopefully some day off in the horizon I will find access to a laptop and a few spare moments and I can create something like. This has been amazing. Do something new every day of your life and you will live happily all the days of your life. When I come inside the class room the kids are so happy to see me that it is the confirmation that I need that I am doing the right thing. But I am going in confident because I know I have some worksheets and that we can discuss something that will keep me audience with me. I would like to get the time to read some threads on what percentage of people feel as though they are �on stage �. I do! Hope everyone else is as happy and excited about teaching and thank you always for your help, My very best from Hanoi, Cher

26 Oct 2009