Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Lessons for playschools    

Lessons for playschools

SKteacher
Slovakia

Lessons for playschools

Dear all,
I only have one quick question.  Does anybody heave any ideas what to teach preschoolers? The children cannot write and cannot read. What kind of materials should I use? I have created some which I will post later, just I am not sure if it is the right thing.

Thanks for all your replies.

27 Oct 2009      

Wendolyn
Spain

Did you try T.P.R. ( total physical response). You give them commands and they perform them. STAND UP, SIT DOWN, JUMP, RUN, STOP, TURN AROUND,....

For the body parts you could play SIMON SAYS. For teaching numbers use a ball, throw it and say ONE, the st. throws it and says TWO,....

This kids need input but comprehensible. Story telling with flashcards is a great idea. You �ll find flashcards in this web http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/topic/index.html. 

Enjoy it!!!!

27 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Things with lots of repetition!
Chants
Songs
Games

Songs -

There were 10 in the bed
Old McDonald had a farm
Head and shoulders knees and toes

Good luck
L

27 Oct 2009     

catiahenriques
Portugal

Thanks wendolyn.

27 Oct 2009     

SaraMariam
United States

Thanks for this great link wendolyn. It is very useful for me as well since Il be starting with kids soon as well :)

hugs Sara

27 Oct 2009     

Wendolyn
Spain

Hi! I just remembered another interesting link. www.englishtips.org . You can download hundreds of books and flashcards for kids. 

You �ll find it incredible and It �ll help you a lot

See you

27 Oct 2009