Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help! I ´m anxious so nervous so worried so fearful…………………!!!!!    

Help! I ´m anxious so nervous so worried so fearful…………………!!!!!

maggy69
Portugal

Help! I ´m anxious so nervous so worried so fearful…………………!!!!!

Hi everybody!

I would like some help if someone would be so kind especially PORTUGUESE Primary teachers (AEC). Why?

Cause they may have been through the same situation as I will be and so maybe they know what is expected from me, what to do and what to prepare.

I will be under evaluation – so I will have a group of people observing my lesson.

First I would like to know if someone as been trough the same and give some advise.

Second I usually don’t do a written lesson plan for this level - 4º grade. If someone has one and could share it would be nice cause I need some guidance to do one even if I don’t know if it is usual.

Sorry if it is too much to ask but I didn’t know a better place to ask for help!

THANKS

HUGS

Maggy

http://picasaweb.google.com/Veloso.Margarida

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/9721466/eeccc182/sharing.html?rnd=36

28 Oct 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

Maggy,
I think we all feel the same way regardless of the fact that we ´ve been observed a number of times. I usually take a deep breath and say to myself. I ´m going to teach in my natural style. The only extra thing i do is to make sure I have all the paperwork that ´s required by the institution.
previous lesson plan
current lesson plan
teaching materials/handouts to be used in the lesson
make sure a variety of activities to cater for all learners.

Here are some example teaching observation proformas that are used in UK.

29 Oct 2009     

xana_f
Portugal

Hi Maggy!

I had a class observed last year and believe me, you have nothing to worry about. My advice is that you prepare a fun class, especially with a game or a song. As you know these extra curricular activities are supposed to be attractive and entertaining for the students and all kids love games/songs. Don’t start a new theme in this class, try to prepare something using vocabulary they already know. It ´s safer :). In the day before your evaluation talk to your students and explain them the situation so that they don’t react too curiously or enthusiastically to the presence of new people in the classroom. I did a lesson plan at the time and I simply used the template of the one I worked with in my internship year. I can send it to you if you like. After the class I had a meeting with the “observers”, in which they asked several questions about the development of my classes, the attitude of the students, the attitude of the other teachers, the problems I faced throughout the classes, among others. They said they liked the class but didn’t make comments about my performance. I think they were more interested in the process of the AECs project rather than the class itself. So no worries! At least, that ´s my experience! Good luck and relax, everything will be fine ;)

Xana

29 Oct 2009     

maggy69
Portugal

Hi!

I have been without internet but finally problem solved!

Thanks a lot for your help and advice. It’s really nice to know that here we have always someone nice trying to help!

You don’t know how much I’m grateful if you need something mail me or send a private message as you wish.

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especialy to:

Xana, aftab57, Litza and isaserra - THANKS!

Huge Hugs!

Maggy

29 Oct 2009