Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hi everyone!Inglês 11º ano Secundário Recorrente!Which textbooks do you recommend?    

Hi everyone!Inglês 11º ano Secundário Recorrente!Which textbooks do you recommend?

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Hi everyone!Inglês 11º ano Secundário Recorrente!Which textbooks do you recommend?

Hi, everyone!

This year I ´m teaching English (11th grade-Recorrente) in a private school and as we have to create our own materials it ´s a permanent challenge !

My students are young , the majority is 2o something and they work during the day but they have lots of difficulties!

So, I would like to know your opinions about good textbooks for this level! It would work for me as a source of Inspiration!

Thanks in advance!

1 Nov 2009      

niacouto
Portugal

I really appreciate the book "Link Up", Texto Editores, as it has a wide variety of texts and speaking/listening activities + workbook and training link.
Have a look at it. Hope this helped.

1 Nov 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi! Link up by Texto Editores is indeed a very good book. So is Links by Porto Editora. You should take a look. This year I ´m working with Links with my 10th graders - that ´s the textbook we have adopted in our school - so I ´m going to use it with my adult students in the evening classes too. 

Have a good evening,
mena

1 Nov 2009     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Hello, dear colleagues!

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice evening!

1 Nov 2009     

teresapr
Portugal

SIXTEEN + 11, by PORTO EDITORA is also very useful !

1 Nov 2009     

gec118
Austria

I am using Language Leader with this sort of age group and find it fantastic. No shortage of material and it ´s interesting too.

1 Nov 2009     

Nina Pizzo
Portugal

There ´s a wonderful book, Total English,  by Pearson Longman. It comes with an excellent teacher ´s book, workbook, CD audio and DVD activities (and a Total English website with loads of extra material). It focuses brilliantly on grammar, vocabulary, listening and speaking skills. The reading comprehension parts focus on the relevant parts without being time consuming (simple and straight to the point).

Disadvantages: it is not part of the official recommended list of school books (imposed on state schools) and I believe it is "quite" expensive. Apart from that, I wouldn ´t use any other book if I had a choice.

3 Nov 2009     

ecademyenglish
Turkey

what do you recommend for an adult course?

1 Jul 2011