Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > AN ENGLISH FESTIVAL    

AN ENGLISH FESTIVAL

lizzysil
Peru

AN ENGLISH FESTIVAL

HI DEAR FRIENDS I WANNA THANK TO ALL THE HELPFUL TEACHERS WHO ARE ALWAYS THERE WHEN I ASK FOR HELP, IN FACT YOU �VE HELPED ME A LOT..FOR EXAMPLE YESTERDAY I ASKED FOR SOME WEB PAGES WHERE I COULD FIND POETRY, RHYMES FOR CHILDREN ..THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR ANSWERS
NOW I �M A LITTLE DESPERATED �CAUSE MY PRINCIPALS ARE ASKING ME TO ORGANIZE A FESTIVAL BUT I DON �T KNOW WHAT TO DO EXACTLY..MAYBE AN OPEN DAY, EXHIBITION , CONCERT, COMPETITION ,,,,BUT OF WHAT???? A BIG FAIR MAYBE LIKE SOMEONE HERE POSTED PHOTOS FROM A HALLOWEEN PROJECT..I DON �T KNOW WHAT CAN BE REALLY NICE
MY SS ARE FROM PRE- SCHOOL. PRIMARY AND SECONDARY AND THEY HAVE A GOOD LEVEL OF THE LANGUAGE
CAN YOU SUGGEST ME WHAT TO DO, PLEASE? I WILL BE WAITING FOR YOUR ANSWERS ..THEY WILL HELP ME A LOT..I �M SURE
THANKS IN ADVANCE AND SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCEA LOT OF KISSES AND HUGS
GREETINGS FROM MY COUNTRY PERU
BYE
LIZZYTongue

3 Nov 2009      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi Lizzy,

some ideas for you:

-  Music Festival - children can submit a �music skit � and perform on stage.
-  TeddyBears picnic (great for the younger ones)
-  Monster Madness - everyone comes as a monster from an english novel or movie
-  Grimm Day - Everyone comes as characters from the Brothers Grimm fairytales
-  As above but exchange for Harry Potter, Fairy Tale character, Movie Character, Roald Dahl day, disney day etc.
-  Celebrating around the world - Each class is given an english speaking country and has to create an information stall - come in traditional costume - Do a traditional dance/song.  Don �t forget New Zealand if you do this one!  Would love to see photos of them doing the HAKA!

Am all out of ideas now!

Good luck
vicki

3 Nov 2009     

miss K.
Ukraine

It sounds like a great idea.
How many days do you plan to spend on the festival?
What �s the aim of the festival?
What goals would you like to reach as a result?
Do you want to mix all ages?
What theme?
Competitions and concert sounds like fun. You �ve already got some nice ideas from Vickiii.
Do you think older kids can prepare something for little ones.
You can organise games similar to something popular on TV only with English stuffing.
Doing some exibitions is also a nice idea. You can put up some of the best works of your students or they can prepare something special for the event. Some students can act like guides. They can prepare info on British countries, famous cities, so on. I would not have used Harry Potter and similar characters for this event.
You can make it seasonal or dedicate to celebrations in general.
Would be nice to know how did it go!!!

3 Nov 2009