Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How can I get my first printable?     

How can I get my first printable?

COCOGALGO
Spain

How can I get my first printable?

Hello, I have published my first contribution, which is a text of Greyhound torture in Spain, but.. what happens if nobody download it?? ohh, I �m new working with English ...and... I need original materials as yours!!! What can I do??

4 Nov 2009      

verybouncyperson
Spain

Hello Cocogalgo,

Welcome to eslprintables!  Have you read the "What �s this?" section at the top of the page - you can start downloading once you have points.  You get one point each time someone downloads a worksheet of yours, but don �t forget the points are often added to your account the following day.

I looked at your worksheet about greyhound torture and you have 7 downloads already!  I �m in no way a top contributor, but I �ve noticed that the ones with the point points are worksheets which are bright and accessible.  Why not try making a grammar board game or something similar as this will probably get you lots of points.

Good luck!

T

4 Nov 2009     

COCOGALGO
Spain

Hello! thanks for the info!! it really helps me! I will try to do as you comment a grammar board or game... and also wait to get my points! this web page is a full universe for English teachers! is wonderful! thanks a lot!

4 Nov 2009     

NicholaDrigout
France

I seems to really unpopular, not a single download :(
Can anyone explain why?  They are very simple, but I think some like me some need very simple sheets, that have no colour, because of the cost of photocopying, and very simple for children to understand.
Any tips would be helpful!!

4 Nov 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Nichola
To be honest - you haven �t made more activities than anyone here could make themselves. I see worksheets as materials that save us the time of making ourselves.
Your second page for example, on one of your materials is empty and your stories are very short.
When I download materials, I want things that can keep my class busy for
a whole lesson. Try using more time and filling out the whole page with things to do.
That might help.  There are many black and white print-outs here that a filled with things to do.
Hope this helps
L

4 Nov 2009     

jessicae
Spain

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/1-1-2006-85203.asp

Isn�t your contribution just a bare copy from the above article from the Internet? Are bare texts considered esl resources according to the new rules? I�m just wondering, because I thought that an esl resource had to include at least one activity/ exercise. Can anyone tell me if I�m wrong? Thanks a lot, and sorry for these undelined sentence , I�m having a problem with my computer and I can�t get rid of this annoying underlining :-(

4 Nov 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I agree with you, jessicae. I have also found this article here...

... and no activities have been added.

Dear COCOGALGO, if you carefully read the links provided by Victor, the owner of this site, You �ll find the following:

ESLprintables.com is designed for ESL teachers who want to share their own resources: worksheets, flash-cards, articles, lesson plans, etc.

Of course "their own" resources mean "created by yourself"

"You can only send printables created by yourself."

In the case of your worksheet i can �t see any creation. if I �m not mistaken, you have just copied and pasted the article. Why don �t you prepare some exercises with it?

4 Nov 2009