Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > When does the new day start for this site???    

When does the new day start for this site???

sophiegirl67
Canada

When does the new day start for this site???

I just became a premium member.  I am sitting here at the moment downloading my 30 "free" WS (from the recent contributions) and suddenly it says I have used an additional 6 points!!!  I thought I get 30 free per day!!  So much for free!  What a crock!

5 Nov 2009      

Saskush
Mexico

Hi, as fas as I know is Spanish time, so you have to wait until 12 am in Spain in order to get the free downloads
Bye

5 Nov 2009     

sophiegirl67
Canada

Thanks.....geee I wish it stated that somewhere in the rules!!  I would have taken that into consideration before beginning to download.  I actually lost 8 points not 6 due to this!!!  I had used 3 points (I accept losing these as I had downloaded older WSs not recent ones).  But losing these additional 8 points as I was downloading from recent contributions is a HUGE bummer.  Although the downloads are appreciated, I would have "saved" my points for other downloads that were more of a priority for me not just because they are "free"...if you catch what I mean.

I wonder if there is someone to whom I can complain that can actually do something about this.

5 Nov 2009     

zoemorosini
United States

Hi there!

I think once you become more familiar with the site, and begin earning more substantial numbers of points, this will all fade from your memory.  At least I hope so.

Otherwise, welcome!

5 Nov 2009     

Saskush
Mexico

Hi, I agree with zoemorosini about getting familiar with the site and I know what you mean about saving points. I don �t have a lot but I try to save as much as I can to get the ws I really need and are not free. By the way, I don �t think you cannot complain.. lol... this happen al ot but people usually tell you to look at the F.Q.A. section. Sorry...but these are the rules and we have to follow them... Also remember that is Spanish time that counts here about recent contributions...

5 Nov 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Sophie, I don �t know where you �re from but my guess is you are from the province of Quebec. The new contributions appear everyday at 6 pm our time.

5 Nov 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Dear Sophie, you made me smile. I remember the time when I was as desperate for points as you :-) Well you see, after a few months and few hours of making worksheets, I don �t need to think about how many points I spend...
I suggest you to delete unsucessful worksheets (less than 10 points), download few pics, open the document, copy the bw version on page 2 and insert few pics on page one, nice border, add colour backgrounds and you will see the magic - the points will come! Page one is your ADVERTISEMENT that sells your worksheet! Remember, there are almost 800 new worksheets every day, so you MUST make your worksheet pretty to catch the attention...
Write a good description, catchy name, or join few pages together + write the number of pages in the name / description... 
For example - name might be:
100 cardinal + ordinal numbers - 6 pages (Color+BW)
The more you share - the more you get !!!!!
Few tricks - but those tricks can "change your life" Wink
Good luck !!!!!
Have a look here at the most downloaded recent contributions - inspiration for you:
http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/searchbydate.asp?day=4&month=11&year=2009&B3=Search

5 Nov 2009     

sophiegirl67
Canada

Thanks Zoe...I too hope someday I will have as many points as some people have.  I wish I had the formatting savvy of most of the members here.   I thought I was familiar with how the website works.  I have read everything that I could but nowhere did it say when the day begins and ends.  I guess we all learn from our mistakes.Confused 

Thanks Saskush...now I know to think about Spanish time when on this site.Star

Thanks Manonski...you are close...I am in Ontario...thanks for the tip!! I will keep 6pm in mind when downloading recent contributions.Wink

Thanks moravc....Your tips on making better, flashier WSs are appreciated!  I am not that savvy when it comes to formatting documents Embarrassed.  Plus I teach adults...but maybe  little glitz and glam will make things happy.

All things said and done...I was so happy to finally be a premium member (even with my plain, run-of-the-mill contributions) and was sad to see me lose those points because of not being well-informed.  Maybe the creator of this wonderful website can make this a little clearer for future new premium members.

Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions.

Sophie

5 Nov 2009