Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Bang Bang - A Vocabulary Game    

Bang Bang - A Vocabulary Game

badorah
Lebanon

Bang Bang - A Vocabulary Game

Level: Easy

Divide the group into two teams. Explain that they are cowboys and they are involved in a duel. One student from each team comes to the front. Get them to pretend to draw their pistols. Say "how do you say..." and a word in their mother tongue. The first child to give the answer and then "bang bang", pretending to shoot his opponent is the winner. He remains standing and the other one sits down. I give 1 point for the right answer and 5 extra points if they manage to "kill" 4 opponents in a row

Note: Instead of saying the word in the students � mother tongue, it would be possible to use a picture or to say a definition ("What do you call the large gray animal with a long nose?")

6 Nov 2009      

serene
Greece

Hi badorah!

Thanks a lot for sharing these nice activities! Smile

6 Nov 2009     

badorah
Lebanon

you are welcome.   thanksEmbarrassed

6 Nov 2009     

alex1968
Greece

I like this idea and I think my Ss will have fun doing it!
Will use it in class on Monday for our dictation!!
Thanx for sharing your ideas with us Smile

6 Nov 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Pretty funny, thanks 4 sharing, I �ll try it.

6 Nov 2009     

Rafinha83
Brazil

Hello Badorah!!!
That �s an excellent idea!!!Clap Thanks for sharing !!!
Have a nice day!!! Hug

6 Nov 2009     

jecika
Serbia

Great idea Thumbs Up ... thanks for sharing Star

6 Nov 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

I �m afraid as a pacifistic person I find the idea of students pretending to shoot each other unacceptable.
If I played this in class I would have my students � parents at my throad within two days.

6 Nov 2009